Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flaming Gorge Contacts

Default Flaming Gorge Contacts

FLAMING GORGE AREA CONTACTS

UTAH FISHING LICENSES- https://secure.utah.gov/hflo/hflo

Lake View Cabin Rental (307) 874-5033 Brand new log cabins on the edge of Manila with complete modern amenities, close to Lucerne marina, in private surroundings. Nicest in town.
    Villa Motel-Manila (435) 784-3015
    Vacation Inn-Manila (435) 784-3259

Trout Creek Flies-Dutch John Fly Shop, Guides, Shuttles, Supplies, "River Central"
    (GREAT for River Trips/Info!) (435) 885-3355 www.troutcreekflies.com

Red Canyon Lodge-Mountains Near Dam Beautiful Cabins, Fine Resturant, Private Fishing Ponds
    (Nicest lodge in area!) (435) 889-3759 http://WWW.Redcanyonlodge.com

Flaming Gorge Lodge-Dutch John Lodging, Store, Resturant, Raft Rentals, River Fishing, Shuttles
    (435) 889-3773 http://WWW.fglodge.com

Flaming Gorge KOA Campground-Manila Hook-ups, Log cabins, Shade Trees, Pool, C-Store, Landscaped. (800)KOA-3254 http://www.koa.com/where/UT/44114/
    US Forest Service-Manila (435) 784-3445 Lucerne Valley Marina & Campgrounds- Wyoming/Utah Ph.#(435)784-3483, Toll free(888)820-9225 www.flaminggorge.com
    Last edited by Bduck; 03-25-2020 at 10:03 AM. Reason: updating
    I just know stuff...

Great info Jason. I hope this will help some folks.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Here' a helpful list of contacts I found somewhere online.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks for the info Jason.
    Rocky Mountain Tackle

nice info fished that lake alot. Thanks

Default Lucerne Campgrounds

Learned from camphost that Lucerne campgrounds are going thru some changes over the off season and one of them is showers are going to be installed.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Thats good news.

Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    Learned from camphost that Lucerne campgrounds are going thru some changes over the off season and one of them is showers are going to be installed.
    Showers would be great. I wish they would increase the length of the campsites, they are way too short. I don't think there are hardly any that can fit a truck and trailer without unhitching the trailer. It is a real pain when you have hook-up and unhook the boat morning and night to put it on the water. More campsites with electricity would be good too.

I tried to explain this stuff to 2 camp hosts this summer, but they said they can't do anything about those things. I'm not sure who can, but they need to be modernized a little bit.

I agree. Those sites have been there for years and reallly need to be moderninzed Rigs and such are much longer and need to widened to accomidate tip outs on rigs also.

But, To do all that I am sure they will raise the price to park and stay. But I could deal with that if they fix it up. At least I can see my tax dollars at work

I agree. Some campgrounds are large enough but you also have to get there early to get one. They picked over to quick. Looking fwd to seeing what improvements are going to be made next year.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Does anyone know if there are RV dealers in Green River or Rock Springs that will deliver an RV or travel trailer to your location and set it up for you?

Has anyone stayed at the Lake View cabins in Manila? Just wondering about your experiences.

Thanks! :)

do you mean as a rental?? I don't know of any place in the local area that rent's trailers.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

Quote Originally Posted by Propnut69 View Post
    do you mean as a rental?? I don't know of any place in the local area that rent's trailers.
    Yup. Sorry. I meant rentals. There's some places, at least here in CA, that will actually deliver the trailer or RV to your campground for you and pick it back up after you leave. I was just wondering if there's a business like that around Flaming Gorge.

the KOA has cabin that they rest out . not right on the lake but only 10 min away they seam to be nice

Closest RV rental source is Salt Lake City. I did a lot a research looking for one once and actually put a deposit down on one. I went to the ISE show a month later and bought my camper. A week RV rental for the Gorge would run you close to $2 grand.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

kaidoy, it came to me today that if you were willing to spend RV rental money, Lucerne has floating cabins on the water at the marina for about the same price per night.

Dave,

Thanks for all the info. We typically rent an RV every year and drive it from Sacramento to Buckboard and back. I'm looking to expand my options this year to see what is available. I will look into those floating cabins at Lucerne.

I am also thinking about looking into those Lake View Cabins in Manila. Does anyone have any experience with those? Is there a grocery store in Manila that is similar to the Smith's grocery store in Green River?

Quote Originally Posted by ll kaidoy ll View Post
    Dave,

Thanks for all the info. We typically rent an RV every year and drive it from Sacramento to Buckboard and back. I'm looking to expand my options this year to see what is available. I will look into those floating cabins at Lucerne.

I am also thinking about looking into those Lake View Cabins in Manila. Does anyone have any experience with those? Is there a grocery store in Manila that is similar to the Smith's grocery store in Green River?
    Haven't seen a grocery store but there is a little country store in Manila. Green River, Rock Springs, Mountain View, and Vernal have grocery stores.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

kaidoy, if you have a link to the cabins, post it so I can make sure it is the ones I'm thinking about before I comment.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    kaidoy, if you have a link to the cabins, post it so I can make sure it is the ones I'm thinking about before I comment.
    It's the link at the top of this thread right under the Utah licenses link.

That cabin is up in the canyon and quite a long ways from the main lake. If you thought about fishing Buckboard from there, forget it! There are fish to be caught up there but not as big as in the main lake.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
    That cabin is up in the canyon and quite a long ways from the main lake. If you thought about fishing Buckboard from there, forget it! There are fish to be caught up there but not as big as in the main lake.
    I figured it would be about a 30 to 40 minute drive every morning to Buckboard. It doesn't look too far to Lucerne. I never fished that area before. I've always fished out of Buckboard.

Dave, you mentioned that you put a deposit on a rental prior to buying your camper. Do you remember who the name of the business?

Quote Originally Posted by ll kaidoy ll View Post
    Dave, you mentioned that you put a deposit on a rental prior to buying your camper. Do you remember who the name of the business?
    I'm drawing a blank at the minute but will try to bring it up. I know there is a Cruise America in Salt Lake.

No worries if you can't remember. I put an inquiry via email to TK Watersports last Tuesday but have not yet received a response. I placed a phone call to them as well to try and follow up with them, but I have yet to receive a call back. Oh well. Back to the drawing board. I almost thought I had a lead.

I looked at Cruise America, but I don't think they off delivery and pickup at your campground.
    Last edited by ll kaidoy ll; 01-25-2010 at 09:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast