Thread: Montpelier Res.?

Default Montpelier Res.?

Anyone have any info on the kokes at Montpelier Res.? I've heard it's been pretty hot up there, though not much size. It would be fun to catch a few this summer though.

Never fished there before and not even sure where it is. Can you give a location? If it is near me I might give it a try. I'm down in Mountain Home. Anyone out there have any good info on Anderson Ranch and Lucky Peak? Would like to find folks in my area who like to fish for kokes.

Bob

Montpelier is as far SE as you can get in Idaho. Quite a jaunt from Mountain Home. I've never fished Aranch or Lpeak, so I'm not much help there. I would like to fish some good koke lakes around Idaho this year though, I guess it's just hard to change things up and miss a trip to FG you know.

A little off topic but I am wondering if any of you hunt in the area of unit 76?

Back in the early 1980s I used to hunt in the area around Montpelier & the George town road. We camped above the private ranch in an area called Snow Drift Mt.. We hunted Trophy Bucks & did very well.

I always wanted to go back after the last hunt in '85 but never have.......Yet!

Kokonuts
    Where Ever I Go
    There I Am

any of you hunt in the area of unit 76?
    Born and raised in Soda springs, Idaho. Now reside in Boise. Hunt unit 76 yearly for elk with my bow and then deer hunting with the rifle, unless I am lucky enough to get one with my bow. Still a good place to go if you can get away from the crowds...

Crowds is right! I hunted the last few days of the season over there last fall and I could go anywhere without running in to another hunter(s). I couldn't believe how many people from California were there, I guess a good general season unit attracts 'em all. This year the deer herd should be pretty good, the spring hasn't been near so relentless as last year.

Never hunted 76. Farthest south is here near Mountain Home in I think 46. Got lucky two years in a row for my first two years here for deer. Most of my Idaho hunting has been up north in areas 8, 8A for deer and just north of there in pan handle areas for elk. By far my favorite areas to hunt in (I like those whitetails).

Thanks for the updates !

When we hunted there the last 2 weeks of the season we seldom saw another hunter. There was one local older fellow who would hunt from a jeep, driving the roads. He would stop by our camp for a little pick me up!

Kokonuts
    Where Ever I Go
    There I Am