Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do for a living/retirement business?

Default What do you do for a living/retirement business?

Fishermen are typically a true crosscut of society. Conservative, liberal, industrious, fishing bum, hunters, pacifists (Fly fishermen? )........ So. The thing that most cuts into your fishing time is.............?

zfk55
    Living in the middle of Kokanee Country.

Diesel Mechanic for 13yrs. will look forward to retiring in 35yrs
    I just know stuff...

Family and work as a formulation chemist in an agriculture related field.
    Last edited by Fallriverguy; 03-05-2009 at 04:37 PM.

My job, hunting, snowmobiling, skiing.

work definatley,also the lousy weather we have here back east but we manage,, on the plus side my 9yr old son has become my fav fishing partner,,he even ties koke and steelhead jigs with me amongst other flies also
    live your dreams,love your life.

I run a Hardwood Flooring Distributorship out in Colorado. It keeps me busy 8-5 m-f. I'm trying to start a tackle company getting the website set up now, and will be testing some new product this season. It is hard to find the time with my 19 month old daughter running around saying dada dada dada but with the time I do have I make tackle and fish as much as I can. Also this month we are moving just purchased a new house so life is busy to say the least.

Ben

Default job

I'm a telecommunications tech for a large power company in western Colorado, good job unless obama gets his way with the carbon tax, I guess he will generate electicity out his hindend in washington, I've been diagnosed with Lake Trout addiction but fish for kokes allot also, Love walleyes but colorado is a trout loving states so I have to settle for perch fishing for good eating.

I am a unSanitary waste disposal technician. I am well trained in my work related field. Have been doing it now for 25 years. I retired once and went back to it again.

The rest of my time takes up my family, church and fishing!
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Cost estimator. I work at the University of Cal, Davis by day and have my own consulting business that I do by night and weekends. Fishing time?

CPA - specialize in tax returns and business consulting. I used to love to ice fish as a kid, but don't have the time anymore for any winter activities. Good thing I'm the boss or I wouldn't be able to check this site out every couple days

Aircraft Mechanic/Crewchief F16 Fighters Flight Test Hill AFB Ogden, UT

i work for a company that sells fly tying materials worldwide to shops, distrubitors, wholesalers

Quote Originally Posted by mosd View Post
    i work for a company that sells fly tying materials worldwide to shops, distrubitors, wholesalers
    Tough job but somebodies gotta do it.

Power Lineman Trouble Shooter for an electric utility in northern Calif. Also an electrical contractor so I stay busy, sometimes too busy to fish.
    The plus side is, I'm planning my retirement from my main job in less than 7 years.

Well, I do this www.stmariegraphics.com
    and this. www.swissproductsllc.com
    The former is now my Son's business but I go into town every day to help with artwork and layouts, and the latter is my "retirement business" My partner have a machine shop and manufacture shooting accessories for Swiss Rifles. We have two US and three European distributors.

P
    Living in the middle of Kokanee Country.

Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    My brother worked down there until just recently. He was also an F-16 Crew Chief in the military and as a civilian, all at Hill/Ogden.

Oops, forgot to add mine. I've been a jet engine mechanic for almost 27 years. Mostly on the F-15.

Mostly I fish, hunt, drink and golf. The rest of my time is justed wasted.

Actually I'm a Fed, 3 years from being eligible but many years from being able to afford retirement (2 kids in college, at least 1 wedding next summer). The youngest graduated from high school this month, so 15 years of chasing kids and cheering them on in sports is done, hopefully leaving more time for fishing.

Regional Safety Manager for a trucking company covering OR, ID and CA down to Stockton.

Quote Originally Posted by Bduck View Post
    I used to have a office in Layton, man you guys were noisy.
    David
    A recent study has proved that women that carry a little extra weight have a much longer life expectancy than the men that point it out....

i retired after 30years and a few months from southwestern bell telephone. i now hunt and fish every day i am not playing around. i retired when i was 50 so i can still get around to do my hunting and fishing. you can always go back to work when you get to old to play.
    REDNECK. and proud of it.
    Reel Rednecks fishing team..

Hi,

Well, retired profesional US Merchant Marine Sea Captain
    Now I have my own maritime consulting firm.

Other than that
    Love giving mooncalf buearucrats and politicians acid reflux disease + high blood pressure (With a BIG SMILE ).
    I've gotten some to turn the most lovely shade of purple but have never been able to get it matched at the paint department at Lowe's or HomeDepot

SeaDog

I've been an environmental tech since 87.Get to work outside all the time. In all sorts of weather( funny the weather isn't a problem when I'm fishing) and at landfills and sewer plants,but I get to drive through some awesomely beautiful country to get there! I've been fortunate to meet lots of folks who love to fish and have gotten back to some areas dad used to take us fishing when I was growing up. Looking forward to taking my grandson Will fishing in the years to come. Will and the Duke!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	043.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	92.1 KB 
ID:	3877   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	094.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	3878  
    Last edited by trollmonkey; 06-24-2012 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zfk55 View Post
    Fishermen are typically a true crosscut of society. Conservative, liberal, industrious, fishing bum, hunters, pacifists (Fly fishermen? )........ So. The thing that most cuts into your fishing time is.............?

zfk55
    i'm at work 5 days/wk for 8 hrs/day but i'm only acting like i'm working, i'm really on KFF almost the whole time reading about kokanee fishing
    1982 18' Hydra-Sports Striper Special, 1982 Mariner 150hp, 1980 Johnson 7.5hp

I am in commercial construction, and seeing my retirement getting further away! After 55 hrs of work then soccer games on saturday it is then all about fishing.

I retired in 2011 after working 42 years in construction as a Plumber now I fish as much as I can!

Kokonuts
    Where Ever I Go
    There I Am

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast