Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do for a living/retirement business?

I work as an IT Manager.. Work, what is that?
    The Angler formerly know as "DBfield"

Oops, forgot to add mine. I've been a jet engine mechanic for almost 27 years. Mostly on the F-15.
    redmanjr1, I assume you work at Mt. Home AFB. I was with the 389th Fighter Squadron as the Lead Pro Super from 1995 until my retirement in 1998. I miss Idaho, lots of good times and great people.

I retired in 2010 after working for Uniflite Boats, Hawley's boats & Motors, Olympic Boat Centers, and Lake Union Searay all in Bellingham. I worked for a marina in Michigan for 7 years. Rigger/ Mechanic

I retired from my first career in 1998 after 20 years in the Air Force. I'm now 13 years into my second career as a Quality Assurance Manager; required to help fund my addiction to Kokanee Fishing.

Kokanee_Slayer,
    Congrats on your retirement and thank you for your service. Yes, I was working at MHAFB but retired last year after 30 years in the USAF. I was in CMS and knew/worked with many people in all of the different maintenance squadrons to include the 389th. What a bunch of awesome people. I don't miss the crap but sure do miss the people, especially my brother and sister maintainers. I will be starting a new career once we get moved out of here...just not sure what that will be yet.

Retired 2011 after 38yrs working for the department of defense @ Hill AFB, UT, McClellan AFB, CA., Tinker AFB, OK., & Mare Island Naval Shipyard. My career started during the Vietnam era 7yrs active duty Air Force and transitioned over to civilian life. Worked C5, C141, F4, F111, A10, A7,T39, KC135, B52H, F15, F16, F106, fast attack nuclear powered submarine.

I am a Triple S, Stupid Stamp Seller. I have been with the Post Office for 5 years now. Before that I was a steel fabricator for 25 years.

Bduck,
    It's been a while. Hows retired life treating you? Been fishing yet this year? Will try Anderson Ranch maybe end of this month IF weather will warm up a little by then. Right now trying to sell our house so we can get moved up to the Spokane area. Take care.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by redmanjr1 View Post
    Bduck,
    It's been a while. Hows retired life treating you? Been fishing yet this year? Will try Anderson Ranch maybe end of this month IF weather will warm up a little by then. Right now trying to sell our house so we can get moved up to the Spokane area. Take care.
    Bob
    Hey Bob

Life is HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY. Lots of spring projects going on with an occasional fishing day thrown in. Say Hi to Chris for me.

I will. He is in Texas now getting a Masters in cattle ranch management. Doing very well and appears to have a very nice job lined up as soon as he graduates. Good to hear retirement is treating you well. Tight lines.

This seems to be a really old thread with a few 2013 posts, so I thought i'd add to it and then people can update or jump in too. I was a special education teacher in New Mexico for 12 years and here in CA for 14 years. I am NOW finally retired. Waiting for Tortuga to retire (in 3 more years). We planned on relocating to our property in northern New Mexico, but we are now rethinking the wisdom of such a remote area for retirement. I've been researching the Coeur d'Alene, ID area and now the Spokane, WA area. We don't mind winter especially if we don't have to go to work in it. Looking for that Dream area that everyone else wants too.

Civil Engineer, Partner, with 50 full time employees fishing time is the great getaway goal. last year built house for wife of 30 yrs, this year FISHNG.

Reached another birthday milestone this week so the retirement countdown on my phone app reads, 1 year, 11 months, 27 days and a few hours in change. Really, really looking forward to my new career.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Smile

I am a retired Sales Manager and I am very happy with retirement. I have been working on home projects that have been ignored for years. Happly, I am getting to the end of that list, but have been fishing every chance I can get anyway. Fish caught this past 2 months is over 200. Obviously I do not keep all of them. This week I am planning on my grand Kokanee run of going after kokanee for 5 straight days. I know I will be tired come this next Saturday, but it will be the right kind of tired. NOTHING LIKE BEING RETIRED WITH THE RIGHT HOBBY.

Stay away from Spokane froggie, it has an unbelievably high rate of burglaries and vehicle thefts, even in the more upscale neighborhoods. The pictures on the tourism website don't show what it really looks like. Driving through downtown reminds me of Oakland or El Paso. CDA and Post Falls are 10x better.

I have a residential/lite commercial water treatment company in NE Washington. We specialize in problem well water; getting the iron yuck out. Semi-retired but I have to work to support my fetish......tackle and fishing!

Default What I Do!

I'm a "financial manipulator". I been nipping at my wife's finances for years!
    "There's no losing in fishing. You either catch or you learn."

I am in the process of changing careers. I am a junior in the mechanical engineering program at Boise State University (GO BRONCOS). I also work in one of the research labs on campus which allows me to have a very flexible work schedule. In the Summer time I take a lot of three day weekends with the family. We normally go camping and kokanee fishing in order to stock the freezer; otherwise my wife will buy fish!!!

Campdog,
    Welcome to the forum. My son is starting the mechanical engineering program at BSU in a couple of weeks. How have you liked the program so far? Was it difficult to get the job on campus or are there several available to the students in your department?
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

I'm a guard in the county jail.

I spent 15 years as an Aircraft freight loader for the US Air Force , the last 20 years as a Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic. Planning to retire in about 4 years.

Sawtooth,
    The program is great. There are always opportunities for someone with determination and drive but the most important part of finding a job is that it's not what you know, but who you know.

Was a diesel mechanic in the Army for 8yrs while going to school (BS in Biology, BS in Clinical Laboratory Sciences, Master's in Healthcare Administration w/LIS emphasis). I've worked all over the PNW in various hospitals, but I've recently started working for the Boise VA Medical Center. I'm a Medical Technologist.

I retired from the National Park Service after 37+ years. Duty stations included: Isle Royale NP; Yosemite NP; Death Valley NP; Olympic NP; Fort Necessity NB; Shilo NMP; Great Smoky Mountains NP; National Interagency Fire Center/Boise.

I am medically retired due to OJA and major hearing loss with 35+ years as a telephone cable splicer. Some love those new fangled job titles like Network Technician II, but I don't.
    I would love to go back to work because I can't afford to fish as much as I would like to.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast