Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marine Radio's

Onlychild- Our Onlychild

Default radio

I carry an Icom hand held radio. As for wet, I store it in a zip-lock bag and when not in use, it is in a storage tub. It's nice to have for weather and good for emergencies.

I'm posting this for my friend............ D-Weed= G-man give him a holler......
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

great thread. The last two things I have to install in my boat is a vhf and the new i-pilot electric motor.(side note) which I'm glad I put off until now, looks like a sweet unit. anyway, lowe1648 how does that hand held unit work? I have a hand held cb, and it does't work worth beans inside a vehicle. I have been shopping for units and noticed hand helds only produce 5 watts of power and mount units transmit 25. question to all, is the hand held 5 watt'r enough for the gorge?

sorry for being late, I love to research for Ideas

if I could be added..

BROWN BAGGER = BROWN BAGGER

question to all, is the hand held 5 watt'r enough for the gorge?
    Only if you want to talk to your fishing buddy in the boat next to you. If you have room for a mounted unit and an 8' antenna, you are strongly urged to go that direct over a hand held. For people that fish larger water, I do recommend the hand held as a back up but not a primary.
    2006 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually, 21' North River Seahawk

Working on a printable version of the Call Sign List. Limitations to size has me extremely confused! Hopefully by tomorrow? Sorry for the delay.
    Last edited by SmokeOnTheWater; 05-06-2010 at 10:02 PM.

Default hand held vhf

To Brown Bagger- I don't use it often. all my calls are to freinds on the lake -I'm on None too large. The main use I put mine to is to keep track of the weather. Being from Michigan, I don't want storms sneeking up on me. Been there, done that. I can recieve the Coast Guard thirty mile inland. I can recieve weather stations anywhere, even in Yellowstone N.P.
    Cell phone as back-up, also spotty. Never really needed help.

Here's the 1st Draft, It's a start. Right click on the attachment then select print.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ScannedImage.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	1425  

Default VHF Radio

Tortuga & I have a radio on board. We usually use 69 or sometimes 68 here in CA. Add us to your call list: Froggie & Tortuga! 40 days t'il we get to the Gorge, but who's counting LOL!!!
    I LOVE the idea of setting aside Ch 20 for FG because 20 is my lucky number!!!
    Froggie

You're On the list! Hopefully your call signs are the same? Let me know otherwise. What are your dates for the Gorge trip?

Default VHF Call signs

Call signs are the same: Froggie & Tortuga. We'll be arriving on June 17-24th. Staying at Buckboard Marina/RV...we are both So-o-o-o stoked.
    Froggie

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123