Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's going to the Gorge this year

Default Who's going to the Gorge this year

I am heading back on June 14th for a 2 week vacation. Will be staying at the Manila KOA again and can't wait only 4 months and then it's FG koke time, macs and a little river rafting.

Elk Hunter,

We plan on being there from June 19-26. Staying In Buckboard for the week. See ya there..

Scott
    The Gorge in June!

We plan on being there from June 19-26.
    Hope your bringing a new ice chest this year.

Myself and Petty will be at the KOA in manila the 23rd of June till the 28th. Staying in one of the cabins. Look forward to seeing you guys that come up then. Will have a Gray suburban with a Green Tracker deep V16. You wont miss us.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

GOING TOO We'll be leaving CA. on the 5th july to fish the gorge . I hope you guys leave us some fish. Be there for 5 days.

Will save you some.

Mark
    Good to see you at the Sac ISE, and looking forward to good fish stories in KOA again this year.

Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Elk Hunter View Post
    Mark
    Good to see you at the Sac ISE, and looking forward to good fish stories in KOA again this year.

Alan
    Alan, Didn't realize that was you glad you finally made it over. and looking forward to seeing you again at the gorge

I'm hoping to make over there this year , even if it means hitching a ride with someone .
    1997 Starcraft 170, Mariner 90hp ,9.9 Yamaha, Raymarine Element 9HV , Minn Kota I-Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by AFDan52 View Post
    I'm hoping to make over there this year , even if it means hitching a ride with someone .
    Keep in touch it is looking like I will have an open seat for the 2nd week and maybe part of the 1st, the wife and daughter will only fish a couple of days at most

YOu to Alan. Looking forward to this summer.

I will be up there at least twice a month, mostly launching from the cedar springs marina fishing the jarvis canyon area. But will work my way north as the season progresses. Look forward to running into any forum members along the way.

CRapppppppppppp, I was hoping everyone would stay home this year,and I would have the lake to myself. . For you that are coming to the gorge for the first time,it will be a great opportunity to experience a blue ribbon trophy kokanee fishery. For those that are coming back,you know what it all about, that's why your coming back. I wish you all a good season on the water ,no matter where that might be.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

BigDog and I will be there July13th thru the16th. We will be on the north end.

Quote Originally Posted by dunnigan jim View Post
    GOING TOO We'll be leaving CA. on the 5th july to fish the gorge . I hope you guys leave us some fish. Be there for 5 days.
    Our first night there will be on the 5th, also for 5 days. Planning to fish out of Buckboard Marina.
    Hey dunnigan-did you get out for stripers last year? How was the action for you?
    Tight Lines and Screamin' Drags

Hey Elk Hunter, I will stay in touch and thank you . I think I'm going to be getting a new truck very shortly as mine is having some issues right now and that is why I Posted about hitching a ride. I'll let you know what happens in any case.
    1997 Starcraft 170, Mariner 90hp ,9.9 Yamaha, Raymarine Element 9HV , Minn Kota I-Pilot

I'll be there June 16th to June 30th. Staying at Buckboard RV Park. Stop by for a cool one.

Quote Originally Posted by vvBob View Post
    I'll be there June 16th to June 30th. Staying at Buckboard RV Park. Stop by for a cool one.
    well defantly hookup with ya Bob
    I just know stuff...

I have reservations in june at Lucerne. I'm thinking about changing my plans to July. I have some friends that are RVing it at Buckboard in july, I may follow them up.

For you guys coming over in July, Remember the 4th of July holiday and in Utah the 24th of July is also a holiday for Pioneeer Days. If they fall close to a weekend, the few days before and after are really hectic at the Gorge. Lots of pleasure boaters and such. Manilla is really busy with folks for those days. If you can plan your trips around those days, You should find your trip up here will be much more enjoyable.

A few other things, The gorge has its own weather system with the Uintah mountains right there. You can usually watch the storm clouds build as the day grows and watch the wind come up. If you are in a smaller boat, KEEP AN EYE TO THE SKY!!. The gorge can be a dangerous place when the wind comes up in front of these storms that build up. Petty and I got caught in one a few years ago and took 5' footers over the front of my boat. We got to shore and sat it out in a cove for two hours and made a break when we could. Pretty darn scarey.

If you guys get questions about making your trip up this way more enjoyable and relaxing, Let us know. We can talk here or by phone so that you can come prepared to have a great time.

Looking forward to getting together with those of you that will be up here this summer.

Later,

Mark

wahoo we should be there on the 6th . staying at squall hollow with the group. yup did good on the stripers, trolling and bait . 1 or 2 more striper/dino trips then to the lakes for trout. if we get any water in the PONDS. looking forward to the gorge trip ..i'll have the north river with all the stickers on it .

I should be there for the challenge

Kokaholic-thanks for the info, much appreciated-I'll pass it on
    dunnigan-I'll be lookin' for you-I'll buy you a beer
    Tight Lines and Screamin' Drags

Quote Originally Posted by Kokaholic View Post
    For you guys coming over in July, Remember the 4th of July holiday and in Utah the 24th of July is also a holiday for Pioneeer Days. If they fall close to a weekend, the few days before and after are really hectic at the Gorge. Lots of pleasure boaters and such. Manilla is really busy with folks for those days. If you can plan your trips around those days, You should find your trip up here will be much more enjoyable.

A few other things, The gorge has its own weather system with the Uintah mountains right there. You can usually watch the storm clouds build as the day grows and watch the wind come up. If you are in a smaller boat, KEEP AN EYE TO THE SKY!!. The gorge can be a dangerous place when the wind comes up in front of these storms that build up. Petty and I got caught in one a few years ago and took 5' footers over the front of my boat. We got to shore and sat it out in a cove for two hours and made a break when we could. Pretty darn scarey.

If you guys get questions about making your trip up this way more enjoyable and relaxing, Let us know. We can talk here or by phone so that you can come prepared to have a great time.

Looking forward to getting together with those of you that will be up here this summer.

Later,

Mark
    Sounds pretty awful! I've been in big waves on the Pacific and in the Sea of Cortez, but I'm really surprised that the Gorge can really deliver a punch like that. Never having been there, I thought it was calmer than that.
    Age 65.
    20 ft. Jetcraft. 90hp Evinrude Etec, 8hp Yamaha kicker, Minn Kota electric troller. Electric 1106 Scotty downriggers, Lowrance HDS7 Fish Finder/GPS. Airmar P66.
    Also have a 15 ft. Gregor. 25hp Yamaha electric 2-stroke. Two electric 1106 Scotty downriggers. Lowrance HDS7 Fish Finder/GPS.

Last year we had 60mph winds one afternoon.....So when the wind starts to pick up, it "usually" a sign that's it's going to get rough.
    Last edited by vvBob; 02-15-2009 at 01:27 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast