Thread: fg the 9th report

Default fg the 9th report

picked up my parts and went back for my boat. got to ahleys around 5 had everthing but the right sized bearing buddy or cap. figured i would get 1 in green today. ya right. lmao but not realy! launched at squaw and hit it for the sweet spot. got there and ash was already half done? what the heck. i had to work hard today for the fish we got. dont know what changed in 4 days? caught some real good ones a 4.2 and another 4.4 ended up with 5 for 2 of us. only fished for 3 1/2 hrs. of by 11 am. almost lost a rigger on the way home as well. bolts came loose on that dang wash board at squaw. ken

Thanks for the report Ken. Glad you got into them. Sounds like a few nice ones too. I am gonna use some wire cable and come up with a way to have like a safety chain for my riggers incase that same thing happens. To much money in one to loose it on a dirt road or into 100' of water. 20 bucks in material would eleviate that problem from happening.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

thanx. im glad big jon just came out with a addapter so i can take them off in a snap. so im spending the dow on them. then i can look them in my truck without total dissassembling them. plate also has a hole for a pad lock. cool idea.

I like the lock idea. I will have to see if I could do something along those lines with my new ones here shortly

Because I do 70% of my fishing out of squaw hollow.I know all about that dirt road to well. When I mounted my new rigger's this year I double nutted every thing . I used a piece of 1" pine underneath.I knew going up and down that road shakes everything loose.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

how deep were you picking up the fish at???

40ft-50ft Allso Starting To Pick Some Up Around 60ft. 5''hyper Plad With Pink Uv Squid With A Meally And A Splash Of Sweet Corn.trolling Speed From 1.6-1.8 For Best Results.

Quote Originally Posted by FISH View Post
    40ft-50ft Allso Starting To Pick Some Up Around 60ft. 5''hyper Plad With Pink Uv Squid With A Meally And A Splash Of Sweet Corn.trolling Speed From 1.6-1.8 For Best Results.

Thanks for the Tips Ash! Glad to have ya around here.
    I just know stuff...

hey Ash, glad to have your knowledge and experience over here with the rest of us koke hounds.worthy