Thread: FG kokes close to boat ramp?

Default FG kokes close to boat ramp?

hey , i am headed up to the gorge this weekend for kokes, but i have a twist. i am going in a smaller boat than i usually go in,it is well equiped to catch kokes but , i am concercned with the wind. Does anybody have any close spots to any of the northern boat ramps (anvil, buckboard squaw hollow) that have been producing fish???? without running much so if the lovely wind comes up then i don't put my self in danger. Any info is greatly appreciated

A few weeks ago, there were kokanee just outside Buckboard marina. We caught several within a couple hundred yards of the "no wake" buoys.

i hear anvil is producing some nice kokes
    I just know stuff...

Im sure that you will do well anywhere from anvil on up to buckboard. Just remember that when that first gust of wind comes or those clouds start to form and are headed your way, GET THE H@#$ out of Dodge! Dont think that you have another 10 minutes, reel up and head in. Its not worth that extra ten minutes. I would plan on being on the water early fishing shallower. AS the morning goes on, Go a little deeper and watching that sonar. I am sure that you already know all this but just a thought if not. Remember that the Uintas have there own weather system over there. They will build over the mountains and head down North off the mountains and across lynwood and lucerne and North up the canyon.

Good luck to you this weekend! I hope you have great weather and great catching. Looking forward to reading a report from you.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

thanks guys, looks like i will go to anvil i am the most familiar with that area we have done well in the wildhorse/anvil area everytime out this year and from the sounds of it there are more 3.5-4# fish starting to show up. Maybe i can get me a 4# koke or adjust my scale to add a pound to every fish. I will let you know how it goes.