Thread: Gorge Report 7/5/08

Default Gorge Report 7/5/08

I finally made it uplake, after being enticed by all the reports of whopper kokes. I'm glad we did it, we caught some nice fish. It was busy (go figure), and if we wouldn't have gotten bumped out of the trolling lane a few times we probably would have had faster fishing. Needless to say, it was quick enough.

We graphed and caught fish between 30-50ft but most of our fish came on the rigger running at 37ft. Best set-up was a RMT dodger in pink/green ahead of a hot pink Pee-wee. Second best, and one of my favorites for the year, was a Serpent spoon in watermelon chasing a RMT dodger in Hyperplaid. After catching kokes down here in the canyon running 17 inches and 2 lbs, its pretty exciting to see a 19 inch, 3.5 lb "silver bullet"!

Thanks for all the help and have fun out there,

Ryno
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HolmesCross7-5-08 (3).jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	42  

Glad you decided to come up north,and join in on some bigger fish. It looks like you were rewarded for you efforts.I knew that the lake would be a zoo this weekend,that's why we fished on Thursday.On weekend's like this ,it always seems like there a few people that don't have a clue ,Instead of keeping the direction of the troll the same,there is always someone going against the grain. Makes for some interesting trolling sometimes.
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

Thanks for the report, Ryan. Glad you made it up north and found some good action!