Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kokanee Power in utah/wyoming

Don you can count me in too, let me know if you need any help getting this started!
    Last edited by ladyluck2; 07-11-2008 at 11:12 PM.

Wether it's kp, or kff, Lets all get involved with raising solutions in UT/WYO.
    Tacklebox mafia
    Utah predator callers

Count me in! I am willing to help wherever I might be needed.
    If You Can't Be Great, Be Awesome!

Definately a great idea guys. I, like many of you, have been enjoying the kokanee resources for years without giving back. I've caught some burbot... but thats been the extent of my real contributions (other than promoting the sport). I'd love to be involved and I look forward to helping in any way that I can. I've been doing service for the DWR for years as part of the dedicated hunter program. I'd love to put forth the same amount of effort towards our kokanee fisheries!

as long as my schedule permits I would love to be involved as much as possible,
    jed

This goes to show that we need a kp chapter here, I was talking to a friend in the dwr today and asked him if he new the reason for the small number of kokes in causey, and he said that the haven't stocked it in over 2 years. this makes sense. The fish I pulled out earlier this year were bigger than usual but fewer than normal. they are this years spawners.
    The dwr ran out of kokes and money to stock causey.
    Tacklebox mafia
    Utah predator callers

I spoke with Roger Willson on Monday about KP here in Utah and he was happy with what we had to offer he is over all the cold water species and lakes in the state and also gave me some info on tournaments in Utah he was worried about them being set up for weight like the bass tourneys and would rather see a length style on the gorge. He also said they will not support a tournament at strawberry for koke's apparently they do not allow any tournaments up there because of the strict regs and it is one of the few places to harvest eggs in Utah. So it is looking good for a KP I just need to get a hold of Al and let him know that the fish and game is on board for both states I left him a email on Monday and haven't herd back from him yet I know he has been pretty busy lately so as soon as he lets me know what we are looking at as far as paper work and the legal aspect i will let you guys know.
    Don J.

Great work Don. And a big thanx for heading this off. So are you volunteering to be the chapter pres?
    Tacklebox mafia
    Utah predator callers

Quote Originally Posted by kokehead View Post
    Great work Don. And a big thanx for heading this off. So are you volunteering to be the chapter pres?
    I was going to ask the same thing
    I just know stuff...

I will do it but I get extreamly busy in the fall with archery elk, hunting and rifle for deer then comes ducks, if you guys are ok with that i would be happy to volunteer

im ok with it
    I just know stuff...

Im ok as well. I have put all my time in fishing and not so much in hunting so I think there are some of us who will help during your busy times
    www.curlyslures.com

Put me in the same as well, all I do is work and fish,
    Tacklebox mafia
    Utah predator callers

lets get rolling. a burbot demolition!!! think after its set the other boards should be invited amybee involve a tv station to show up.the dwr and the wfg get the word out bigtime. kill them all!!! ken

I am glad to see you guys are looking to get organized in one form or another. It certainly can start simple and go from there. If you have any general questions about the Kokanee Power organization I can probably help since I am on their board. I discovered this Forum in a strange way yesterday and since I was recently indoctrinated (ie spoiled rotten) on a recent FG trip with the wife and Jared as our host I needed more FG Kokanee reports! I hope to get back there again next year.

The key for any organization is to have plenty of volunteers of course and setting up a board of course.. Working with your DFG is a really important step as well and it sounds like that has been looked into from what I am reading. There are many other steps to the overall process but with enough help it can get done.

Kevin

Yes i am ready for the big burbot bash. Lets see if we can get a date set and git rid of those varmints. Also any more info on KP lately? Anything I can do?
    www.curlyslures.com

Sorry but nothing new as of yet I have been extreamly busy the last few weeks with scouting for my hunts in idaho and utah after the scouting trips I came back to mandatory 12's at work so I have been running my but off I will get on it this week in my free time I apolagize for the lack of info and I will get to work on it guys please bear with me
    Don J.
    Last edited by KokaneeReaper77; 08-12-2008 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KokaneeReaper77 View Post
    Sorry but nothing new as of yet I have been extremely busy the last few weeks with scouting for my hunts in Idaho and Utah after the scouting trips I came back to mandatory 12's at work so I have been running my but off I will get on it this week in my free time I apologize for the lack of info and I will get to work on it guys please bear with me
    Don J.
    No problem Don, you took the bull by the horns and we appreciate it. Whatever time it takes we will live with it.
    I just know stuff...

Default colorado Eggs

something to throw out for you Utah guys, the past couple of years the CDOW has had more eggs than they could deal with out of Blue Mesa. I'm sure a trade with Colorado for something wild from Utah is possible. keep it in mind when talking to your DOW folks......

Hello everyone I need to apologize to you guys. I have been so wrapped up in hunting this fall I haven't made any progress on the kokanee power I need to contact Al at KP and see what we would need to do if you guys are still interested in having one here in UT let me know and I will do what I can.
    Don J.

Quote Originally Posted by KokaneeReaper77 View Post
    Hello everyone I need to apologize to you guys. I have been so wrapped up in hunting this fall I haven't made any progress on the kokanee power I need to contact Al at KP and see what we would need to do if you guys are still interested in having one here in UT let me know and I will do what I can.
    Don J.
    Don, I've been in talks with a guy on the forum "Bduck" Roger and he was a member of KP in California but now lives in Harrisville, Utah he really want to be involved in getting it going you might want to get him to help ya with it.
    I just know stuff...

If you guys need any help I can provide some as well since I am on the KP California board. Al Milan and Gary Coe are going to know more of the nitty gritty details to getting set-up as this was done for Oregon last year. They are progressing nicely and were down in California as part of the KP booth for both San Mateo and Sac ISE shows which was great as they had a good deal of interest and increased their membership.

Hey guys i just wanted to keep you up to date on the KP situation. I was able to get a hold of Gary Coe KP president today and i spoke with him a Little today about wanting to start a chapter in Utah/Wyoming he was excited about the idea and was willing to help answer some questions about the ins and outs of setting up a non profit organization. What I need now is a list of guys interested in helping me with this, it is going to be too big of a project to handle just by myself so if your interested please let me know thanks
    Don J.
    Last edited by KokaneeReaper77; 01-26-2009 at 01:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Petty4life View Post
    Don, I've been in talks with a guy on the forum "Bduck" Roger and he was a member of KP in California but now lives in Harrisville, Utah he really want to be involved in getting it going you might want to get him to help ya with it.
    Hi, this is Bduck-Roger. I wanted to 'clear the air' a little. I know of KP from reading it on a website. I am also from Calif. and have been in Utah for the past 10 yrs. I was not a member of KP in Cal. If I have mislead anyone on this matter, I am posting my apologies for this. I love to fish, I love to get high on 'KOKES'. Therefore, please except my apologies for any misunderstandings. I would very much like to see a Utah/Wyo chapter of KP here. I am available to help out with whatever I can to make KP work. After all I'm facing a retirement this year and I'll be looking to invest time into my oncoming career(fishing). Bduck

Well we got three guys that have volunteered so far and that's not enough to get this off the ground I think there isn't enough interest in KP to make it work in my opinion so I am going to step away from this and let some one else take the lead if they would like. I would also like to say thanks to everyone who offered to help out and I think it would be a great to have a KP here in UT/WY
    Thanks
    Don J.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast