Thread: Gorge 6/26

Default Gorge 6/26

My friend Gary (whom some of you know) and I hit the water at the butt crack of dawn this morning. Put in at squaw hollow never even started the big motor,just trolled away from the boat ramp. Headed north toward skunk cliffs. Gary using at a pink RMT squid with a hyper plaid dodger.

I was using a rainbow squid with a hype plaid dodger. We both starting picking up little kokes,but we were in search of bigger fish. As we passed the southern point of skunk cliffs,I pointed the boat at the big white spot on the cliffs straight across from us.

This is were we started getting into the bigger fish. It seemed that every time we would troll west to east ,Gary was getting the hits. When we turned and trolled east to west I was getting the fish,kinda strange.As there was no rhyme or reason to this. We made a few trips back and forth across the lake ,until about 11:am when the fish decided they didn't want to play any more. Fine we would go find fish that wanted to play..

We moved down the lake a little and pink was now the hot color. We were using a home made set-up that we have both been working on.We picked up some of our biggest fish of the day in this area.

After a quick swim(yes it was that hot) and a little lunch we headed north towards buckboard. Caught a few fish here,but nothing to write home to mom about. Then about 3 the famous Wyo wind started blowing ,we bagged it about 4 Our total for the day was 22 with us both keeping two a piece for the grill. All of our fish came anywhere from 30-50ft. Boat speed was 1. 7-2.0. Water temps was 58degs when we started ,and about 62 when we quit. Here are a few pictures of some of our bigger fish.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	propnut 2.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	29   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gary 1.JPG 
Views:	115 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	30   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	propnut 1.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	42.4 KB 
ID:	31  
    "Chance Favors A Prepared Mind"

Nice very nice Tim. thanks for the report and pic'smovie
    I just know stuff...

Right on Big guy! Sounds like you and D-Weed had a great day on the pond. Good on both ya!worthyworthyworthy
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

That's what I'm talking about guys. Great pics Tim. Did you find any with size?
    Tacklebox mafia
    Utah predator callers

Way to go! Great pics, and thanks for the report. I think I've been away too long and need to get back up there!

Quote Originally Posted by kokehead View Post
    That's what I'm talking about guys. Great pics Tim. Did you find any with size?
    Three of our biggest went over 4lbs,with most of our fish in the 3-3 1/2 lb range.

there is going to be some very nice kokes coming out in the next month
    I just know stuff...

damn that is a good day with most of your fish being 3-1/2 # i have to weed through about 20 fish to get 1 or 2 that go 3-1/2, i still got a lot more to learn! thanks for the report

Right on those are some great pics bud and awsome fish look like mini coho's hey I will be up there tomorrow over by buckboard with some friends if your up that way stop by I will have my radio on chanel 1

Quote Originally Posted by Petty4life View Post
    there is going to be some very nice kokes coming out in the next month
    Jason I have to agree with ya. I think now that the weather is getting more consistent and water temps are warming up,the bigger fish will start to move deeper into the water column. As summer wears on I hope that the big boys will get a little more aggressive and want to play a little more.

Tim I did't know you would let people like gary on your boat!!! just kiddin he's good people. good job on the catch.

LOL,,,,,,oh buddy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,he is going to be at my house tomorrow,and I'm going to let him read what you wrote.......... you maybe getting a phone call ahahaha.:p