Thread: 2023 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Report

Hybrid View

Default 2023 Lucky Peak Reservoir Kokanee Report

Wake boarders, jet skis, and party barges, oh my! May the fishing be worth the Boating Circus that is this Boise area reservoir.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Smile

Looking forward to the 2023 season. Get your fishing in while the weather is still chilly, and the schools are still in session.

Pauli

Default Forcast

Any guesses on the season this year? Above/below average??? Has to be better than last year though they may blow the res out because of the snowpack.

We should be OK this year....if the Koke cycle holds true. Who knows anymore? Water will be high in the spring, but that can be a good thing too. If there is a lot of water in the reservoirs the water temperature tends to stay cool....something the Kokes need. I'm optimistic. I'm not so sure that fish being "flushed" from the dams is a big deal here. It's not like there is a large flowing river behind the dams like the conditions with the dams on the Columbia....which "flushes" the fish over (or through). I guess we just have to wait and see. Has anyone checked the Koke planting schedule to see if Fish and Game is going to plant DEADWOOD originated juveniles into the system?

Pauli

Can't wait to get out there this year!

Pauli- I was told they were not able to get any eggs from Deadwood again. So anything planted will most likely be from the late spawn fish coming from other waters.
    2018 Thunder Jet with custom pelagic wrap.

Default Lucky Peak drawdown

Quote Originally Posted by sawtooth View Post
    Wake boarders, jet skis, and party barges, oh my! May the fishing be worth the Boating Circus that is this Boise area reservoir.
    hope they didnt screw up next years fishery with drawdown at 9%

Default It's not about fish

The water in Lucky peak is used to make power--They could care less about the fish--water=MONEY

Default Antsy to get out.

Anyone been fishing LP lately?