Thread: 2023 Arrow Rock Reservoir Kokanee Report

Default 2023 Arrow Rock Reservoir Kokanee Report

Best of luck to those that venture up to this Boise area reservoir.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default 18MAR23 Caught a few

We had to launch off the beach. There’s still too much ice in front of the ramp and no path to get through to the open water. We fished from 10 to 2 and tried just about every color, combination, depth, and speed. Threw back a bunch of slime rockets and brought home two skinny 17” kokanee. Pink hoochies behind a pink and white sling blade at 1.6mph is what worked.
    2018 Thunder Jet with custom pelagic wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by dustyjohns View Post
    We had to launch off the beach. There’s still too much ice in front of the ramp and no path to get through to the open water. We fished from 10 to 2 and tried just about every color, combination, depth, and speed. Threw back a bunch of slime rockets and brought home two skinny 17” kokanee. Pink hoochies behind a pink and white sling blade at 1.6mph is what worked.
    Same here, ice is melting but the road is way worse than it was last year. Took us about 1.5 hours from exit to get to ramp

Default 7/1/23 Report

Thought I'd avoid LP & hit Arrowrock for the first time this year.

The road in is in pretty bad shape. Washboarded the whole way to the ramp... very slow going. Had a stand-off just past the dam in the single lane section. 12 car convoy headed west and a single wake boat headed east (didn't understand he needed to wait 30 secs and look down the road at the dam). Fortunately it only took about 30 mins to get things going again.

There wasn't much going on for Redneck Rivera in the morning (just a few campers & rvs). Was on the water at sunrise & took off a little before noon. Didn't catch very many, but caught a few bigger kokes. They have started to turn. At best blushed & one was pretty dark. Kept 1 for dinner. Meat quality wasn't the best, I'd say barely acceptable for smoking.

On way back to ramp, all the RVers and campers must have waited until Saturday morning to come. Ramp was jammed packed and the shoreline had been taken over. I bet it was a great party that night.

I won't go back this year. Road is terrible and the fish are too far gone.
    Last edited by msusprtn; 07-04-2023 at 04:41 PM.

Default New year......

Anyone been up to Arrowrock lately?