Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2023 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Report

My wife and I camped at Curlew Tuesday through Friday, and fished from Line Creek to Curlew. We averaged 3 per day (not full days), up to 18.5". Pink hoochies behind a dodger in the top 15'. Water temperature about 63 degrees. Lots of boats on Friday and a full lot at Curlew by 11:00.
    White 18' Hewescraft, 115 and 8 hp Yamaha

Default No title

Trail Bob, saw you up there, nice boat, I have the Duckworth 18.
    Some additional info, on Wednesday in the wind all our fish came just east of the powerballs, couldn’t buy a bite between lime and the ramp.
    Any idea why the mid portion of the dock was caved in? Looks like someone tried to beach their boat on it!!

Not sure what happened to the dock, someone else also told me about it. Interesting, we also caught more in the wind on Wednesday than we did when it was calm in Thursday.
    White 18' Hewescraft, 115 and 8 hp Yamaha

Default AR report

Fished yesterday, 7-noon. We ended up with 6 nice fish 15-18 inches. All fish were caught between the narrows and Fall Creek, 15-25 ft. I had fish in the gear all morning on Livescope. Lots of lookers but not biters.

Default 2023 Anderson Ranch Reservoir Kokanee Report

Fished the "Narrows" today between 7:00 and 11:00 (wind really picked up at 11:00 which made trolling difficult). We had multiple strikes with fish-on but only landed two (2) - none were lost at the boat - they came unbuttoned after jumping and/or not releasing from the downriver release. One was a very fat 17"er and the other was around 12". We fished shallow 15 - 20 feet on down riggers with dodgers and pink hootchies. There were a number of boats out basically doing the same with about the same results.

Default Landlock chinook

Just curious if the Landlock chinook survived in AR? If so, what size are they?

Spent Wednesday and Thursday nights at Curlew .....and fishing was absolutely dead. Most guys were just shaking their heads. Talked to several folks at the ramp and the camp ground and there were a few that got a few Kokes....but not many. The bite has gone cold for the time being.

Pauli

The bite was back on today. Our biggest was 19 3/4” and 2lbs 13oz. We weren’t the only boat catching fish either. Saw quite a few others dipping nets. It was a beautiful day too. 10-20’ ft down pink spin n glo behind pink sling blade is what worked for us.
    2018 Thunder Jet with custom pelagic wrap.

Default Anderson Ranch

I spent Wednesday and Thursday at Curlew. Wednesday caught 5, 1 little I released and 4 from 17 to 19. One line on down rigger, 20 to 30 feet down, had pink and silver dodger with pink hoocie with corn, on long line, ran pink and white dodger with corn, 3 on long line, 2 on down rigger. I only lost 1 fish at the boat. Thursday was tough for me, running same gear, hooked up 6, lost everyone. The ones on down rigger instantly came up, they spent more time in the air than in the water, did everything but jump in after them, ha ha. When I was leaving, talked to some guys who had did really good, they said most fish were closer to the dam, bottom half of res. 1 fish was getting the hooked nose, 1 had eggs, but all were really nice shape

Quote Originally Posted by Bison View Post
    Just curious if the Landlock chinook survived in AR? If so, what size are they?
    I just now saw this and that nobody answered. Chris had told me they always ran 1 rod for them and caught 1 at least every time out. Sounded like they were pretty healthy size from what he’d said. I rolled herring once a few years back trying to hook one. Haven’t targeted them since.
    2018 Thunder Jet with custom pelagic wrap.

Default Quality vs. Quantity

Fished today just east of the power lines. I can't say the bite was wide open but we did end up with two (2) 18+" fish in the box. One hit a orange and yellow spinner bait off a front dodger, the other a spinning pink hootchie off a front dodger. Both were tipped with scented corn. We started trolling shallow but then moved down to between 35 and 40 feet because we started marking fish. Lots of fun on fairly light tackle. We talked to a couple who had been there several days - they managed 9 today. Not sure of the size but were very helpful in sharing information - thank you to the couple in the Arima!

Got a dandy fat 21.5” yesterday. Didn’t fish much, too many boats with far too many jet fleas, tubers, wakeboarders buzzing the fleet. Plus, it was hot. Found 78 degree water on top, the fish was caught at 55’
    But…the fish was starting to turn…body was on the reddish side, hookjaw beginning to form.

Forgot to mention the fillets looked just fine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12