Thread: 2023 Dworshak Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Hybrid View

Default 2023 Dworshak Reservoir Kokanee Fishing Report

Hoping that the fish are big and plentiful this year. Best of luck to all that make the trip.
    17 ft. red/white Crestliner
    90 hp and 8hp Hondas

Default IDF&G 2023 fishery forecast for Dworshak

Fished a few hours last week. Caught six between 7 and 9 inches. They were about 30' and down by the dam.

Default Kokanee fishing report for Dworshak

Does anyone have any fishing reports from Dworshak about any kokanee fishing?

Default after the storm

Wife and I launched at Bruces monday 5/22 at 6am. I figured turnover just happened and anywhere was as good as anywhere else. - surface temps were an unbelievable 70ƒ - So dropped lines in and started off right from the ramp. Headed across through Merrys Bay. Marked small clusters occasionally (very occasionally) at anywhere from 15 feet to 45 feet. Kind of hit the marking jackpot around the anchor floats directly across opposite the Bruces ramps. Caught a half dozen or so, all under 8". Pretty slim pickings and mostly not big enough to do anything with.

Ran up to Indian Crk, see if things were any different. Nada. Nothing. Zero marks. Zero hits. Worked our way back and tried the face of the dam, nothing to note. Caught this and that on the downriggers, all small enough that the wouldn't trip the release.

Gave up and went for a walk. Wish I had a better report.

Rick
    Gray/White Bluewater - Stop and say howdy!

anyone been out lately? Thanks in advance! B