Thread: Strawberry update!

Cool Strawberry update!

Howdy every one, just back from 8 days fishing for kokes at Strawberry... Our first trip on the year! we finished a little weak, i guess for us. 7 Kokes about 65 Cutts, 3 small rainbow. 4 days of the 8, we did catch Kokanee.
    Larger ones run over 21", and Heavy this year, over 3 lbs. Tackle was varied, traditional pinks and blades worked ok at 1.2-1.5 mph. Anything faster, seemed to attract the Cutts only. We tipped with one pink maggot, usually.
    WE are moving away from trying to RV camp there anymore, just too expensive to keep paying the B loop spots( for seniors it used to be $27/night, and now it's $47). Oh well, that's life.

Head up there during the week, Tuesdays to Friday am's, for the best fishing experience. Saturdays are overloaded in the places we fish. We almost always do better when we do that.
    Tight lines everyone... Taildancer

Thanks for the report Taildancer. Unfortunately to get out just for the day will cost a fortune in gas alone. I can still do my trips but not as many. Wind hasn't been too favorable either when comes down making those plans.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Default Strawberry Update/Follow -UP now mid July'22

Ya Bduck, who knows how long it will be.... if the fuel prices will Ever go down. I suspect they won't! Greed is rampant in our country, housing costs have never been this high per sq. ft.
    My way better half (Sharon) and I cancelled over $420 worth of "B" loop RV camping plans for this season now. So we are moving toward the tent style of camping vice RV longer term planning..
    Seems like it might work a little better for us, going in for early am 1st day, and setting afternoon camp if we had better success. Without that success, we'll just go home. With tent camping, we do not have to set up unless we're going to try the next am to catch those rascal Kokes! price of a round trip tow, is right at $80. When we RV camp in 'B" loop, it's 2 tows; as we do not double tow our RV and boat.
    Speaking of our boat, we sold our 268 Islander Grady White in fall of '2017. After paying dock fees for 17 years at the 'Berry. Picked up our 2018 Alumacraft 205 Trophy in April, fully equipt w/ 250 Merc verado Pro, and 9.9 Merc trolling. Everything is wireless . look mom, no cables...[Humminbird electronics] fore and at the helm station. That side imaging is Amazing. Also Minn Kota Terrova at the bow. Could not have picked anything better. Comparable Lund was $9K more. Like to sit down with you some time, maybe trade trips? We have fished the "Berry" for about 23 years now, just need to get there more often some how...
    See ya on the water! When this weather settles some...
    Tail Dancer and Admiral Sharon