Thread: July 1,2,3 ,4

Hybrid View

Default July 1,2,3 ,4

The morning of the first we spent koke fishing in the red cliff area and got three kokes after spending hours chasing them. That evening we went mac fishing in antelope flats and jigged up a few.

Morning 2 we headed north and got 15 kokes by the ranch we started at 30 ft and ended at 50ft. I think we got them on every color under the sun but I don't think we got more than one on any color. It was tough fishing. That evening we went mac jigging again and didn't get any.

Morning 3 we headed for hide out and got three kokes and called it quits at 11:00. We went mac fishing that night and the kids jigged up two. They did get a good one that was a bit over 20 pounds.

Morning 4 we went mac fishing and the kids got one and we called it quits at 9.

It was a great trip with the kids and all the other people that came out for the 4th. The weather would change by the hour.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image000000(3).jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	10199
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0494.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	80.8 KB 
ID:	10200
    Last edited by nofish; 07-04-2022 at 05:43 PM.

Sounds like a great way to spend your birthday catching fish and quality time with the kids. Happy birthday!
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.

Thanks Mark, it was a fun trip. I wish the fishing would have been better.

One thing I didn't mention, they had a flash flood on Thursday, the roads in Manila got washed out in a few places and the lake has lots of small logs and other stuff floating in it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Aaron. Appears you did have a fun trip. Any size to the Kokes? This summer looks to be off my list for the Gorge, this will be the first year in a long time I will miss fishing the Gorge.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Thanks Rodger, the kokes averaged about 2.5 pounds.

If I had to choose a year to not fish the Gorge I would choose this year. The koke fishing has been tough and trying to pattern them has been all but impossible for me.
    Last edited by nofish; 07-05-2022 at 01:18 PM.

Happy birthday my friend looks like you had a good time with the kids.