Thread: June 20 -22

Default June 20 -22

We fished the last 3 days and fishing continues to be mostly slow. Monday we had 4 by 6:30 at Rawlings ( a new spot for us - thanks for the report mentioning this) and after nothing more for 2 hours we went to Brinegars so we could run back in to the marina in sleet. Tuesday we fished Rawlings (nada), green/sheep creek junction (nada), hideout (1 random on pink), north wall of sheep creek bay (nada) and Rawlings again in the evening (1 random fish on blue). Today we caught one at the green/sheep junction (blue) and nothing at all the other stops. 7 caught in three days and 3 eaten so far. Fishing is slow, fish eating is excellent and life is good in Manila.

We are not interested in calculating hours per fish or $ per fish.

Im curious are you seeing fish and there just not hitting or is it a ghost town??

Sounds like a fun trip. I have not put much time in to the kokes this year , I can't stop fishing for the Lakers.

I have been hearing lots of reports like yours, very hit or miss.

I wish I could answer your question about what is in the lake. Mary and I have a long maintained division of labor when fishing for salmon. She drives and tells me when conditions are “fishy” and depths of “fishiness.” I select lures, handle rods and downriggers, including setting depths, which don’t have to correspond to her depth reports. We share catching and netting and we switch off all jobs so that we can both do all the jobs. Except I can’t find salmon. When I look at the 20 year old Lawrence’s 7 inch screen, I see little I can make sense of. But she is really good at finding where the salmon are hanging out. We’ve been a team for 47 wonderful years.

Roger