Thread: 6/12 koke day

Hybrid View

Default 6/12 koke day

I went out Sunday morning to chase kokes, I launched out of Lucerne and motored over to Rawlins. I dropped a white and blue squid down to 20 ft and a pink plankton down to 15ft. The white and blue side went off. Wahoo first fish in the box dropped it back down and a few minutes later I got a second just as I set the net down the pink one went off. Dropped the baits back down spun the boat around and started heading back through the same spot and the white and blue went off again. As I was bringing that fish in the pink went off. I kept one and let one go and was done for the day. Cleaned up the boat and was back at the house by 10:00. It was a fun morning. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20220612_085721.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	50.5 KB 
ID:	10193]
    Last edited by nofish; 06-14-2022 at 08:53 PM.

Nice to see you got out again hope you are doing ok. No lakers this trip?

Yeah, we got a few Friday and Saturday. But they are slowing down.

Nice going Aaron, sounds like Rawlins is getting warm with kokes. Were there other boats in the area? I'm chomping at the bit to get out somewhere. Appears the big "W" will be kicking up all over for a few days.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Yeah there were few boats around. I didn't see many nets out though.

Default Help

Can I ask a dumb question. where is Rawlins on the gorge? I'm heading up Tuesday and I'm a little worried about the conditions. Koke fishing has been in radio silence lately. Going to be spending a boat load of money to get up there and haven't been up in a long time for that very reason. I talked to the marina yesterday, sounds like the water is starting to stain up. This is only 1 of 2 trips I have planed for the year. Does anyone have any tips of area's and depths, or is it still a crap shoot until the thermocline gets established?
    2007 20' ALUMACRAFT, 200 HP YAMAHA, 5 hp kicker.