Thread: Strawberry 7/10

Default Strawberry 7/10

Left Ogden at 4 AM and headed for silver summit were I met a freind and we headed to the lake from there. When we arrived the parking lot was not as pack as I thought it would be. We got the boat on the water and had to get the new Garmin autopilot set up and then it was time to fish. We started out in the meadows and got a cut in the first minute or so, took I pic for the kids and sent it back. Fishing was good up tell about 11:00 and then they shut down for us and we headed back in. We adjusted the tailer bunks and had the boat on the trailer around 12:30.

It was a fun trip with a good freind and his kids. We ended up with 5 kokes and on rainbow in the box and I have no clue how many cuts we got.

Nice Aaron, sounds like the Berry has been coming alive lately. In some instances, if it wasn't for the cutts there could be a skunk to deal with. I am contemplating a breakout trip, but this heat has put a drain on me lately from some of the yard work I have been doing. Both the truck & boat are sitting with full fuel tanks.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

I would go early, it was nice and cool in the morning and that's when the bite was best. I think that if a guy hit it early they could have a good trip.

Default The Berry 7-12-2022

Made the trip with AFDan, on the water at 0630. Kokanee famine has hit, not even one drive by. I did see 2 very small schools on the sonar dragging what I could thru them with no love. If it wasn't for the 25 cutts brought to the boat, we would have been bored. DNR was at the parking lot doing a survey fish caught. According to survey others weren't catching any Kokes either but many cutts were listed. The best part of the day was calm glassy water.
    Last edited by Bduck; 07-13-2022 at 10:36 AM.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel
    2007 Columbia 2018 Fisherman XL Yamaha F150 Yamaha 9.9 kicker 4 Walker Electric Downriggers Raymarine Element HV 9 Uniden Solara VHF

Sounds like a fun trip, I would take 25 cuts over no fish.

What part of the lake did you fish?

Quote Originally Posted by nofish View Post
    Sounds like a fun trip, I would take 25 cuts over no fish.

What part of the lake did you fish?
    We fished the main body within the triangle.
    2000 F250 7.3L Diesel

We got most of our kokes over in Renegade, only got a few by the triangle.