Thread: Beautiful Day 5/15

Default Beautiful Day 5/15

Put in at BB yesterday morning and made the long haul to the pipeline. Fished there about an hour before spooling up and running back north to breeze. Hooked a nice 19" koke at about 10:30 and one more at 1 but other than that it was pretty slow. We were running droppers at 15 and 20 and downriggers at 12' both fish came off the downriggers one on a pink squid the other on a blue squid. To the guy with beautiful blue Luxor with the Koke license plates that was trying to pay my boat a compliment I apologize for being awkward. I'm a little hard of hearing and didn't hear quite what you said so I went with the awkward laugh in response, I realized what good taste you have in boats! I'll be sure to wave next time I see you! Cheers!
    The Experiment Requires That You Continue!

Sounds like a great day on the water. To bad the fishing was a bit slow. I was looking at the planting report from years past and it looks like this year's koke numbers will be the lowest it has been for a few years. Did you guys see many fish on the graff? Hopefully things will turn on with the temperature warming up?

We didn't mark any went out again this last Tuesday the 17th and the fishing was on we boated 4 nice kokes and 22'' rainbow. We found all fish at 12' or less feet a little too shallow to see on the graph I think.
    The Experiment Requires That You Continue!

Sounds like another fun trip. I bet you are right, it would be hard to see them that shallow. I have been hearing that the fishing on the north end of the lake has been slow this year. I sure hope it picks up with the warmer weather.