Thread: Kokes on The Bite 5/22!

Default Kokes on The Bite 5/22!

Got on the water about 8am and motored south. What a beautifully quiet day at the lake I'd be surprised if there were 5 other boats within eyesight at anytime today. Fishing was unproductive so at about 9:45 we stopped for a fetch break. Trolling back out of the cove I picked up a couple bows at 20' and decided to keep one. At 10:30 the bite turned on and stayed very active until about 11:45 and then shut off again. In that time span I released 4 smaller 15'' ish kokes and kept the 2 largest of the day. I trolled until 2pm and finally picked up a 3rd decent koke. I cleaned my catch and motored home. Everything came from 12' with long set backs today. Blue has been the ticket for me the season so far. This season is off to a great start with these fish are already coming in at the 20" mark I'm excited to see what late July brings for size!

Cheers
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	52222A.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	10185   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	52222B.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	10186   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	52222C.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	10187   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	52222D.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	10188  
    The Experiment Requires That You Continue!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Got on the water about 8am and motored south. What a beautifully quiet day at the lake I'd be surprised if there were 5 other boats within eyesight at anytime today. Fishing was unproductive so at about 9:45 we stopped for a fetch break. Trolling back out of the cove I picked up a couple bows at 20' and decided to keep one. At 10:30 the bite turned on and stayed very active until about 11:45 and then shut off again. In that time span I released 4 smaller 15'' ish kokes and kept the 2 largest of the day. I trolled until 2pm and finally picked up a 3rd decent koke. I cleaned my catch and motored home. Everything came from 12' with long set backs today. Blue has been the ticket for me the season so far. This season is off to a great start with these fish are already coming in at the 20" mark I'm excited to see what late July brings for size!

Cheers
    You have EXCELLENT taste in boats.

I'd be VERY interested in all the details concerning your fillet board and how you mount it. I have the wrap around rail on my TJ as well.

Bob Hicks, from Utah - I’m 80 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.

Nice job. We were out saturday, we went down around lowe canyon and only got 2 koks. Not sure what the hold up is but they dont seem to want to come north. Caught a nice 4.4 on April 30th at buckboard but its been all 1-2 fish days. Blue has been good for us as well thus far and we seem to be getting ours at the mid 20ft range
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aprilkok7.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	10189  

It’s so crazy to hear about Blue working this time of year at these depths. This just goes to show you that there is no rhyme or reason to Kokanee fishing. While traditional colors are working, Blue is many anglers go to right now.
    Team:Rocky Mountain Tackle, Radical Glow, Fresh water basics, Velocity fishing.