PDA

View Full Version : Koke fishing scents

CurlysLures
10-30-2008, 12:36 PM
If you had to choose one scent to put on your hoochies and lures what would it be? What your favorite scent to catch those lockjaw kokes?

Kokaholic
10-30-2008, 01:20 PM
Carp spit! #1

TopFuelKokanee
10-30-2008, 03:23 PM
I use a variety, but anise/krill, garlic and kokanee special have been my main 3 and are listed in order of my favorites.

FishHunter
10-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Sweet corn has always produced the best for me

TrophyBoat
10-30-2008, 07:02 PM
anise for now

SilverBullets
10-30-2008, 08:01 PM
1. kokanee special
2. garlic
3. vanilla extract

Petty4life
10-30-2008, 08:03 PM
carp spit, kokanee special, sweet corn

Kokonuts
10-31-2008, 12:08 PM
Ive been thinking about the Shopeg Corn that I use & so far Ive just drained off the juice and tossed it. Stupid me!

Now I am planning on using it for a base for home made corn scent. Do any of you make up scents? What could I add to it?

Ive used several of the scents that you all have talked about, so have some left overs.

SilverBullets
10-31-2008, 12:34 PM
Might try adding Anise and Wizard Kokanee Killer Korn Magic to the mix. Also maybe some Pautzke Nectar. Never tried useing the drained off juice, always thought of it as mostly water, but might have to give it a try sometime.

Kokaholic
10-31-2008, 01:07 PM
I would try soaking some Berkly gulp maggots in it and see what it does.thumbsup

oldguysrule
11-01-2008, 11:31 AM
where do you by this carp spit?

SilverBullets
11-01-2008, 09:36 PM
where do you by this carp spit?

Anywhere Pro-Cure bait scents are sold should have it, or go to the Pro-Cure web site. I think they are a sponsor here. It comes in oil and gel. I made up an order a few years back, and found the company very nice to deal with.

halojm
11-02-2008, 02:59 AM
I still think ProCure carp spit is the best, however this year I mixed Procure Herring and Shrimp and did as good if not better than the lines with carp spit.

HiTechKoke
11-02-2008, 09:19 AM
Funny story on Pro-Cure.. My wife was in Salem, Oregon last year - headquarters of Pro-Cure and I asked her to stop buy and pick up a few things directly at their place. I had been there before and knew they had a small store out in front of their Warehouse. My wife missed the small store and went into the warehouse instead and about fell over gagging from the various smells (she doesn't take well to smelly gels). She was directed out to the store she missed and picked up my requests but boy did I get an earful later about it!

It turns out the warehouse was where they brew up the various scents... boy how would you like that job? Phil and those guys are the greatest and I love seeing them at the ISE shows as well as they have the show specials that let me stock up for the year.

SilverBullets
11-02-2008, 10:38 AM
I am not too far from The Pro-cure headquarters in Salem here in Bend, Oregon. I read about you California guys raving about carp spit when it first came out, but do you think I could get some of it here, right on the other side of the mountain from where they make it...hell no! Had to special order it off their web site. Glad we finally did get it in here, the store clerk's don't give me that funny look anymore when asked if they have any "carp spit".laugh hyst

HiTechKoke
11-02-2008, 10:59 AM
I am not too far from The Pro-cure headquarters in Salem here in Bend, Oregon. I read about you California guys raving about carp spit when it first came out, but do you think I could get some of it here, right on the other side of the mountain from where they make it...hell no! Had to special order it off their web site. Glad we finally did get it in here, the store clerk's don't give me that funny look anymore when asked if they have any "carp spit".laugh hyst

That's criminal! Bend should be ashamed as commercialized as its got. Have you kicked out all those Californians who have vacation homes they can't afford any more? That's the rumor I hear from my Oregonian connections. :-)

Definitely Carp Spit is a staple every year for me along with Kokanee Special.

SilverBullets
11-02-2008, 11:33 AM
That's criminal! Bend should be ashamed as commercialized as its got. Have you kicked out all those Californians who have vacation homes they can't afford any more? That's the rumor I hear from my Oregonian connections. :-)

Definitely Carp Spit is a staple every year for me along with Kokanee Special.
Talk about criminal, after reading about you guys knocking em dead on the u.v.apex's a couple years back, it took us around a year and a half to get them here! Now that's criminal!

Full_Monte
11-03-2008, 08:58 AM

The first couple of times I read the posts on "carp spit", I thought it was a joke, too. You guys really had me going. :) I was thinking, "What's next? Shark piss? Catfish farts?...." Then I remembered, my Dad used to spit on his lures when King Salmon fishing and it seemed to work. Not sure how close that scent was to Carp Spit. Probably closer to Gouda cheese and garlic.