PDA

View Full Version : Berry Good to Me

Bduck
06-22-2017, 09:47 AM
Fished the Berry 6-21. A beautiful day to start and an excellent way to beat the valley heat. Caught my limit of kokes early in the 2-2 1/2lb class. Only lost 2 at the back of the boat. Caught 4 cutty's all released which one was a slot buster at over 23". Also released 1 bow. Decided to end the day early and head back to the frying pan. Kokes were caught using using RMT 5.5 orange splatter with pink stripe dodger with pearlescent squid with tinsel insert. All others caught on a BLL white glow/pink little rebel.

Kokaholic
06-22-2017, 09:49 AM
Atta boy Rog!!!

liketrolling
06-22-2017, 05:54 PM
Fished the Berry 6-21. A beautiful day to start and an excellent way to beat the valley heat. Caught my limit of kokes early in the 2-2 1/2lb class. Only lost 2 at the back of the boat. Caught 4 cutty's all released which one was a slot buster at over 23". Also released 1 bow. Decided to end the day early and head back to the frying pan. Kokes were caught using using RMT 5.5 orange splatter with pink stripe dodger with pearlescent squid with tinsel insert. All others caught on a BLL white glow/pink little rebel.
--------------------------------------------------
fished Strawberry 3 days this week Did not see you yesterday, but then no boats around us.
this was today 6/22/2017

Took my wife to Strawberry
it was wild, she can't reel or net.
got the four poles out and that was the last time they were all fishing
one time all 4 were in with fish on
only lost 2 kokes one coming out of the water and could not keep him down.
the other could not net him
brought 8 kokes home let 4 go under 12" got 6 cuts and 3 bows, let one big koke go because we had are 8, got him pulling the lines in to leave.
stopped fishing about 7:30 AM

my set backs on the right side 25' and 35'
Left side 20' and 30' back
pink was best
downriggers down 20 to 30 feet.
Robert

AFDan52
06-22-2017, 07:44 PM
I'm going to be there early in the morning with a friend from work. Going to be working the berry side.

Bduck
06-22-2017, 07:51 PM
Robert, I was wondering if you were there. At one time I thought I spotted you but didn't get close enough. AFDan will be there Friday. I'm in recovery from a painful jaw 101shock1101and a painful pocket 4moremney Otherwise I would be out and about at the Berry on Friday