PDA

View Full Version : Another Gorge Report 6-14-08

Ryno
06-18-2008, 06:55 PM
Kokanee fishing was bit slower for me this weekend down in the canyon. We were on the water later than usual, both Friday and Saturday, which may be the reason. Unlike myself, my family doesn't get all that excited about fishing at first light. We boated some kokes each day, lost a few, and missed a few more. I got my Mom on the water too, and she landed her first koke. Now she knows what she's eating! We marked a lot of fish around Jarvies, mostly between 15-30ft. We caught fish on Serpent spoons and Needlefish running around 2-2.5mph, behind planer boards/snap weights or downriggers. My biggest producer is still the Serpent spoon in watermelon chasing a pink/green RMT dodger.

Not sure if it's of interest on this site, but the smallmouth fishing has exploded in the last week. We caught serveral each day, with some weighing in around 3lbs. My kids got a kick out those, along with a few nice rainbows we picked up while fishing for smallies. We did best using Husky Jerks in baby bass and Yamamoto grubs (green/black flake) on a 3/8oz jighead. Water temps are finally rising, and were about 55F in the morn in lower 60s by afternoon. Enjoy, Ryno

Kokehead
06-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Thanx for the report Ryno, I'll be up there staying at the camperworld behind the lodge 5th-13th of july, we should hook up and do some fishing if you can.

KokaneeReaper77
06-18-2008, 07:49 PM
Right on Ryno thanks for the report I have a ? for ya how far back are you trolling your spoons from the dogers or pop gear?

Ryno
06-19-2008, 09:49 AM
I'm running my lures 18-24 inches behind the attractors. It seems like it's working, and they have some great action, but I've read where some guys are out as much as 3ft.

Ryno
06-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Thanx for the report Ryno, I'll be up there staying at the camperworld behind the lodge 5th-13th of july, we should hook up and do some fishing if you can.

Sounds good. Let me know when you get closer to your trip. I should be around that week.