PDA

View Full Version : Eleven Mile Res 9/2-5/2016

COfisherman
09-07-2016, 10:24 PM
Hi All, thought I would drop a report on Elven Mile this past weekend. Fishing was good picked up a couple nice 15" 3 yr old kokes and big Bows were out cruising around. We hooked several and kept 4 20" for diner Sat. Same Fare Sunday they were great eating. Froze the rest along with the Koke filets. The Kokanee are starting school up for the fall and we got them about 30 on pink every thing. The trout came via the pink tazs one an orange 13.5gm black stripes. Water at the surface was 62 and cooling down fast as the Aspen are showing some color. Temp was 56.8 @ 36ft and most the silver bullets came from there. Had a great time eating good tasting fish and the BBQ was not bad either. The fishing was good and along with the view up there is what keeps me coming back to Eleven Mile. There is better trout water and lots better Kokanee water but the little lake does have it's moments or two. Sorry no pics this time my old digital camera died and I really haven't found one I like yet, no I don't have a smart phone, I gave that up when I retired.
Keep your bilge dry, your lines wet.:cool:101chromefish101
CH

COfisherman
06-15-2017, 10:41 PM
We will be heading up Saturday to get some kokes hopefully. Got the corn marinating, going to try some new flavors. Sardine and crawfish. There is lots of crawfish up there so the bigger bows should come a calling maybe. They are good smoked too. Will post the info Sunday. They are saying the kokes are back at 11 Mile we'll see lol.
CH

COfisherman
06-17-2017, 05:09 PM
Saw the weather last night, the term used was breezy, well it was damn windy. At 7:30 am it was breezy at 7:45 it was white caps and 2-3 ft rollers which my boat can handle easily, it's just that boat handling gets to be the main job and not fishing. So we headed in, loaded and came home skunked. We saw a lot of fish at 10 to 15 ft but just didn't have time to find the combo for them. It was so rough that my iTroll went flying off the Velcro dash mount and landed so hard on deck it broke the throttle knob inside the box, so have to send that in to get fixed101thumbsdown101. So don't know any thing about kokes, no body had any. There were some trout, bows mostly no real big ones 15-18" good for smoking.
Keep trying.
CH