PDA

View Full Version : Strawberry..... yes? No?

COKEANEE
05-28-2016, 10:21 PM
Have any of you dedicated Koke fishermen been getting into the kokanee at Strawberry? I tried the Strawberry side with no luck. I usually go to Soldier Creek this early but oh well, just curious.

Bduck
05-29-2016, 10:41 AM
Its on my list to try very very very very soon. Did I mention very soon? :confused:

liketrolling
05-29-2016, 03:11 PM
Have any of you dedicated Koke fishermen been getting into the kokanee at Strawberry? I tried the Strawberry side with no luck. I usually go to Soldier Creek this early but oh well, just curious.

Last year at this time I was catching Kokes, but this year it has been slow for me, I don't know what is going on.
I have got some but not a lot.
going to FG Tue. then after that will start fishing Strawberry more.

dubob
05-30-2016, 11:37 AM
I have campground reservations for June 7 - 10. I'm going solo so have room for one more in the boat on any given day. I'd need to know by June 6 if you'd like to join me for a day because I don't do websites from my phone and won't have my laptop with me then.

COKEANEE
05-30-2016, 02:42 PM
I have campground reservations for June 7 - 10. I'm going solo so have room for one more in the boat on any given day. I'd need to know by June 6 if you'd like to join me for a day because I don't do websites from my phone and won't have my laptop with me then.

Soldier Creek or Strawberry side?

dubob
05-30-2016, 08:15 PM
I always stay on the Strawberry side because they are the only one with full hookups for the RV. I like my creature comforts.thumbsup

Bduck
06-01-2016, 09:39 AM
Heading up with AFDan Thursday am. Not sure where we are launching from yet but that will be determined while in transient. So much water to venture around on. If anyone else is going to be on the water gives us a shout on ch16

berrykoka
06-01-2016, 03:59 PM
Fished sunday on the Soldier creek side from 9-1. Caught 4 kokes, 2 cuts. Using hot pink colors.

I've heard on FB and from people who slip their boats at Strawberry bay that people we're having good luck on the Strawberry bay side this past weekend as well.

Strawberry has always been hit or miss with us. Just when we think we know what we're doing, we get skunked!

Good luck all!

dubob
06-02-2016, 09:22 AM
Strawberry has always been hit or miss with us. Just when we think we know what we're doing, we get skunked!Ain't that the truth.

COKEANEE
06-02-2016, 06:46 PM
I'll be hitting Soldier Creek in the morning, hope it's better than the Strawberry side. My last trip was the only time I've got skunked for kokanee.

mtncat1
06-02-2016, 11:22 PM
i'm going to try the berry Saturday and maybe sun day if its warm enough to sleep in the boat , i will let you guys know how i do . the reports on big fish say it is heating up.

BAGGEDLB7
06-03-2016, 12:20 AM
Was up over the weekend and it was kind of slow for us. Ended up with about ten koks and a decent amount of cuts and rainbows over 4 mornings fished. The koks were all smaller but still fun to catch.

Bduck
06-03-2016, 09:22 AM
The Berry-Hit it Thursday on the Soldier Creek side. We caught 4 kokes to the box, 1 bow, 3 cutts which one was 7lbs. Used RMT Hyperplaid 5" dodger with an SRG koko hoochaes glow. Cutts and bow released. I never expect it to be the hottest fishing day but pleased with the results of having this as a good typical day to my standards. This is my treat to myself to enjoy being on a great body of water for retirement. My fishing buddy this day also enjoyed the outing but still belongs to the working class. He's also up against the time line of retirement which a lot of his friends around him is retired. When he's at work we are out fishing, making it difficult for him to concentrate on his job, time to make the decision and pull the plug Dan. hitmyfish

COKEANEE
06-03-2016, 05:15 PM
Fished SC, 10 Kokes, 4 big rainbows. Rainbows swam, kokanee will be well enjoyed by all at my house.