PDA

View Full Version : When to fish Strawberry

allanspond
05-03-2016, 10:54 PM
I just started fishing for Kokes last year at Strawberry in June. I still have a lot to learn! When does the fishing for Kokes start getting worth ones time to go to Strawberry?
Thanks for any advice!
Ty

Bduck
05-05-2016, 09:15 AM
This is information posted recently. It could be a tad early for kokanee but its worth the drive to get some water time and get the cobwebs knocked off even with the cutty's. I'm gearing up to hit it also very very soon.

"(Apr 30)The lake is almost ice free! Docks will be going in at the marina over the next three weeks, with rental boats available as of this weekend. Roads are clear to the Renegade side of the reservoir. Be aware of floating ice sheets. The fish are hungry and actively feeding. The fishing has been extremely good. Try dark-colored leeches, marabou jigs, jerkbaits and spinners and tip them with chub meat or PowerBait. Check with Strawberry Bay Marina at 435-548-2261 for the most recent updates. The reservoir is currently 73 percent full."

allanspond
05-05-2016, 09:51 AM
Thanks Bduck! I may give it a few more weeks. The boat is calling my name daily. Excited to go!

ReelMasta
05-12-2016, 12:59 PM
The BFT site has some posts of people catching kokes on the Soldier Creek side already this year.