PDA

View Full Version : Kokanee Salmon Recipe

Lundman
06-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Here's the recipe for the "BEST" salmon I have found.... thumbsup

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Canadian-Cedar-Planked-Salmon/Detail.aspx

Recipe Hints & Modifications:
-- if your cooking a large fillet - trim so it will fit the cedar plank
-- a large cookie sheet will usually hold two planks -- use before cooking to transport to BBQ & after cooking to place hot planks on
-- don't cover fillet with lemon slices - just squeeze the lemon on fish before cooking.
-- just let the plank air dry for 10 minutes rather than pre-heating planks (it's easier)
-- be sure and cover entire fillet with the red onion (two large onions if cooking two fillets) - please dicing up the onions hey make the dish
-- coat plank with good coat of kosher sea salt ( Large box at Wal-Mart for $2) or Smiths
-- Cooking time for a large fillet can be up to 25 mins. Depending on BBQ and temp
-- have squirt bottle full of water ready for flare ups

We take the portable gas BBQ to the Gorge and these are the best shore lunches. Let me know if you have tried the "Cedar Plank" and what you think of the outcome...

rtaylor
10-01-2010, 02:35 AM
Thanks for your great sharing "Lundman".
Most people, especially mothers have problems finding easy recipe for their kids; they keep looking and hoping for inspiration for easy recipe for kids when the work is already done and can be found online from many different sources. Well, that may not be feasible for lack of time for most mothers, which brings to mind that aside from picking recipe here and there from dinners and parties attended.

eandssmith
08-07-2011, 10:56 PM
Yes, this is the best recipe we have encountered so far, I added 3 brushes of fermented agave nectar but otherwise, this is supreme. Cooked whole 3-year-old 20 minutes at 300 on the 3-burner. Thanks for sharing!