PDA

View Full Version : General Area?

allanspond
08-24-2015, 11:07 PM
Hello all! Going to Strawberry this Friday and Saturday. I would like to try the Soldier Creek side for the Kokes. What is the general consensus on that? where have most of you been catching them this year? Strawberry side or Soldier Creek side?
Thanks in advance!
Allanspond

[ATTACH=CONFIG]8239

berrykoka
08-26-2015, 04:19 PM
I would suggest the Strawberry side personally. Not that I'm a super expert at koke fishing on the berry. But it seems like most the good reports are coming from that side. We we're catching some kokes in may on the soldier creek side but then it seemed to die off.
We fished sunday for a few hours and caught 15 cutts on the berry side. Had some very hard hits that got off that we always assume are kokes? Who knows though? Most fish were on white dodger, white squid. We ran pink on the other rod but only caught 4 of the 15 cutts. 30' down.

jekern1015
08-27-2015, 10:55 AM
I would have to agree with berrykoka. We fished the soldier creek side earlier this year and could not find the bigger kokes switched over to the Strawberry side and have caught a couple in the 3lb range. Head out due east of the marina and fish 30'-35' down. Head over towards renegade if you are looking for rainbows.

allanspond
08-27-2015, 09:41 PM
I would have to agree with berrykoka. We fished the soldier creek side earlier this year and could not find the bigger kokes switched over to the Strawberry side and have caught a couple in the 3lb range. Head out due east of the marina and fish 30'-35' down. Head over towards renegade if you are looking for rainbows.

I'll take that advice and see what we can't troll upon Saturday.

tooexcited

liketrolling
08-28-2015, 07:08 PM
let us know if you got any, if you did you are lucky
the kokanee salmon will be spawning soon and they are hard to catch this time of year.

berrykoka
09-01-2015, 05:48 PM
allenspond… How did it go out there?
I saw 2 different people post pics on Facebook catching red kokes from the shore with power bait?!

allanspond
09-01-2015, 09:20 PM
We did not make it out due to family issues. We'll,see what happens in the future!