PDA

View Full Version : Berry 07/02/15

BAGGEDLB7
07-09-2015, 12:51 AM
Went up with my brother and dad and had a great time. We fished the Strawberry Bay side and only caught a couple koks but between the three of us we boated between 50-60 cuts. The cuts were so hot we never really tried to find the koks. Was on the water around 5:30 and picked up about noon.
It was a little weird though cause I don't think I have ever fished the Berry and not caught a rainbow but we did not catch any this trip.101smily101

Bduck
07-09-2015, 09:41 AM
That's a lot of cutts in a short day. Those kokes are there just have to play hide-n-seek with them. Then its keeping the cutts away. I know every time I hit the Berry seems bows are non-existent. I have caught them there but mainly cutts.

liketrolling
07-09-2015, 12:07 PM
You need to find the right spot for the Bows
How deep were you fishing?
sometime the cuts are just below the Kokes and above them.
I have had days like that when getting cuts one after another, its fun just catching fish.

BAGGEDLB7
07-09-2015, 07:42 PM
How deep were you fishing?
I have had days like that when getting cuts one after another, its fun just catching fish.

Depth im not real sure exactly. Its typicaly me and my dad I run one side he runs the other but this time my brother came up with us and he is just getting into kok fishing and brought all his new gear so he was running one side and my dad the other so besides riging the lead core a time or two all I had to do was drive the boat and catch fish when they were busy.
I think it was anywere from 20'-38' on the down riggers and 4 to 6 colors on the lead core.
As long as im catching fish I am haveing fun.