PDA

View Full Version : fontenelle water level

Propnut69
06-16-2008, 04:26 PM
I was told that the level has risen about 15 ft in the last two weeks. That is great news,glad to see fontenelle coming up. Once it stabilizes,it might be a good time to catch some nice fat kokeanee and a big brown or two. Hopefully it will get deep enough to use the upper ramp this year.

Kokehead
06-16-2008, 07:12 PM
Man It's been a few years since I've fished the 'nelle. My in-laws lived just around the corner in Kemerer. If the water is up that high already, maybe I'll make it up there this year. Thanx for the report.

Propnut69
06-16-2008, 11:58 PM
It is good to see the water coming up in fontenelle,but it has a long way to go,before full pool happens. The kokes have really suffered because of the low water levels the last few years.

Kokaholic
06-17-2008, 09:09 AM
I had no idea that there are kokes in Fontenelle. Thats good to hear. I think we are going to see over time more lakes and resivours being stocked with Kokanee that have the proper tributarys that they can use to spawn. Right on!

Stryker
06-17-2008, 11:01 AM
The Koke numbers have definately suffered compared to 12 - 15 years ago. We've caught some nice ones out of there back in the early 90's. Of course now having Burbot in there won't help either.

KokaneeReaper77
06-18-2008, 10:46 PM
I was at the nell friday the water level was still pretty low at rv camp site 2 to 3 feet deep at 50 yard from the ramp we had to shut off the motor and padle in I did not check the ramp out by the dam sorry didn't think about it other then that the fishing was good for ranibows but no kokes we didn't even try to chase them since I was in a friends boat and he did not have any DR's wind was pretty bad but it lightend up right at dark got some nice fish for the effort

Kokehead
06-18-2008, 11:54 PM
Thanx for the heads up reapper, from what I understand there is still alot of snow high in the tribs, so hope it will fill the nelle up a bit more.

Propnut69
06-20-2008, 01:20 AM
Thanks for the report about fontenelle. One on the things that I like about this board,is the sharing of info.