PDA

View Full Version : Access to land and water

Physion
04-14-2015, 12:18 AM
An editorial in the current April "Field and Stream" encourages sportsmen to oppose the attempt by states (especially western) to acquire federal land. States simply do not have the resources to pay for the cost of fires, roads, recreation, etc. State governments view the land as a way to make a profit, and in the process the ordinary hunter or fisherman will be locked out. Sportsmen are encouraged to go to the website: http://sportsmensaccess.org/ and sign a petition to oppose states acquiring federal land. Consider the information and decide for yourself whether you want to add your voice to the issue. I have signed the petition.

Physion

SuperD
04-14-2015, 10:00 AM
Done. Thanks for the thread.

toolman
04-14-2015, 10:10 AM
ditto...also shared the link on FB

carlz
04-14-2015, 12:11 PM
Done, and thanks. In the state of WA, the state has traded lands with timber companies such there is no access to entire watersheds, don't let this happen to you.

terek
04-14-2015, 12:22 PM
signed. I live in Idaho, which has one of the largest amounts of public access land in the country. That is why I live here. We have what is called "BLM" land (Boise Land Management" It is land owned by the state, but allowed public access. Over the years, more and more of this land is being sold off for residential homes. I for one, am getting sick of this as well. One of my fav. elk hunting spots is no longer accessable as of a few years ago. Sold to a developer who is putting in a 32 lot subdivision on the side of the mountain. Wish there was a way to combat this problem as well.

SuperD
04-17-2015, 07:47 PM
This was a very fast response:

Dear David,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me on this important issue. As your representative in the State Assembly, my goal is to provide the highest quality of public service. Please be assured I will take your concerns into consideration during future discussions.

It is a pleasure to be of service.

Sincerely,

Kevin McCarty
Assemblymember, 7th District

Bduck
04-19-2015, 11:24 AM
101goodpost101 Done thumbsup