PDA

View Full Version : New Brats Dates

AFDan52
03-08-2015, 12:13 AM
Hi guys , well we are now in the month of March and I'm wondering if anyone is interested in having our semi-annual Brats gathering at Bear Lake for the 2015 season? Who is interested and what dates are good for you?101bananna101101bananna101

AFDan52
03-09-2015, 08:16 PM
I'm thinking anytime after Easter.

Kokaholic
03-09-2015, 09:40 PM
March is booked for me, I agree with after EASTER

liketrolling
03-10-2015, 01:05 PM
I have never fished Bear Lake. After the 5th of Apr. would be best for me.
I'm taking my Trailer to Flaming Gorge and leaving it some time in Apr.
so I would need to get a room are sleep in my truck.

gonefishing
03-10-2015, 06:11 PM
The Best weekend, because of the moons schedule will be April 17th -19th. Friday - Sunday. I am open to what ever, but what every to me has a preference when the fishing is best. tongue2 I would likely show up Thursday evening.

AFDan52
03-10-2015, 08:22 PM
I would be good with April 17-19, .

Petty4life
03-16-2015, 10:01 PM
New Schedule so I wont be able to make it this time

Bduck
03-17-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm in. Any of those dates work for me. SuperD should be knocking on the door for this one. Liketrolling, come on and play with the Brats. There is a KOA right there near the state park where our gathering will be. This is an open invite to all who want to join in. signfishin

gonefishing
03-20-2015, 12:14 AM
I will camping at the KOA also, checking in Thursday afternoon. I will be out scouting with lines in the water most of Friday till around 2 PM. Looking forward to the great food like we had last fall.tongue2

AFDan52
03-28-2015, 05:14 PM
Hi guys , haven't heard too much chatter here on the date selected. So Lets plan on Saturday April 18th for our Brats gathering and Potluck dinner , and April 25 as the backup day just in case the weather doesn't co-operate . Chime in with your comments and let me know what you think?

Bduck
03-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Dan, good to go here on the 18th, unfortunately the 25th is wife's b-day but will keep it on back burner. I'll plan on bringing some brats and my charcoal grill.

gonefishing
03-29-2015, 11:02 AM
I'm In unless she BLOWS over there. I'll bring buns, but we need a count of how many are attending. I am good for 2 with my rider!

AFDan52
03-29-2015, 12:08 PM
Sounds good Roger and Dallas , I'm in with Paper towels , and condiments.

liketrolling
04-02-2015, 03:19 PM
I will be their april the 17. I just ask two guys to go. we have never fished bear lake. I will buy a FISH-n-MAP, then someone will need to PM me and tell us where to go and what to fish for.
and let me know what food to bring and what time we will meet. I think we will stay at the KOA (do we need to call them to get a spot to stay)
I have a 19' Tracker boat with 3 downriggers and a minn kota. I don't know if we will bring a trailer or a camper up.

Kokaholic
04-02-2015, 11:33 PM
with the recent warmer temps, i would call the koa and get a cabin tied up, or an rv spot. better to be safe than sorry. the place can get busy early

smokepoles
04-03-2015, 11:50 AM
I will check with my friend Bill if he'll have his boat ready and not at Powel or something. Otherwise I might be thumbing a ride if possible. I think I'm out of the boating thing for a while as I really wasn't using it enough to justify especially since half the time I'd get for koke fishing we ended up on Bill's so much nicer boat.

smokepoles
04-06-2015, 12:14 PM
I have a ride with Roger thumbsup, and will plan on bringing potato salad or such, plus some sauerkraut.

Bduck
04-11-2015, 10:27 AM
One more week, long range weather for Apr 18 indicates a slight chance of some showers. Not enough deterrence for me. A system is pushing thru mid next week letting us back in spring time conditions for the gathering. Looking fwd to seeing all who is participating. My recent and reliable report is the fish are biting. 101cheers101

Bduck
04-13-2015, 09:29 AM
Big storm literally blowing in with hurricane force winds for Utah 4days prior to gathering. After 2days of weather pounding, storm clearing out making way for a beautiful weekend ahead. The gathering is on. I'll be there, now up to 3 in boat. Marine band radio ch69

liketrolling
04-13-2015, 02:38 PM
Two guys that was going to bear lake with me had somthing come up and backed out.
My boy called and wanted to go to FG to get some kokes for the smoker. I told him we could go to bear lake but don't know if we can catch any fish.
so waiting on him.

Bduck
04-13-2015, 06:18 PM
Two guys that was going to bear lake with me had somthing come up and backed out.
My boy called and wanted to go to FG to get some kokes for the smoker. I told him we could go to bear lake but don't know if we can catch any fish.
so waiting on him.

Same thing just happened with one the guys going with me. 101shock1101 101shock1101 I'm still on for the trip. I'll be making a Gorge trip soon too.

AFDan52
04-13-2015, 07:52 PM
OK , all. Looks like we are on for Saturday at Bear lake. I'm not sure if I'm going to be there Friday and Saturday or what, Still working that out. But I will be there. So here is a list of what folks are bringing.

Dan and Son - Paper plates , napkins , plastic ware , Condiments
Roger and Mark - Brats , Grill , cookies
Dallas - Buns
if there is anyone else that's interested , please feel free to contact me or any of the other members.

Bduck
04-15-2015, 11:02 AM
As Dan said if there is anyone that wants to participate in this function feel free to contact us. We do this once in the spring and once in the fall. Anyone new to Bear L and never fished it, those of us that do can steer you in the right direction in what to use & where to point your boat. At the end of the day we gather for eats and swapping of lies(if you dare). There will be reps with us from Rocky Mountain Tackle & SRG(shake rattle & glow) Lures.

gonefishing
04-15-2015, 12:50 PM
I am having some back problems but think I will be a little better by Friday, so I will likely will come down Friday evening instead of Thursday night. I lost my rider and am working on finding another one. I will keep you posted. I will bring extra SRG lures that will help catch fish on Bear Lake. Normally priced $16.00 will be $10.00 for this get together. Not trying to break rules here on the KFF, so I hope I am not. I will be advertising here and at other sites soon.

AFDan52
04-15-2015, 07:50 PM
Hey guys , This date doesn't seem to be working out as good as I had thought. There's a lot of folks that can't make it for one reason or another which is understandable but as of right now we have 5 folks going and I was just informed that my son and I MAY not make it this weekend either. I'm wondering if we shouldn't bail out and try for another weekend down the road a bit and planned better? Your thoughts about this before it's too late.

Bduck
04-15-2015, 09:12 PM
I'm still in and I think Mark is still with me. Those of us that are showing will make the best of it. After all it's fishing. If the spring gathering doesn't take we still have the fall to go back on. Heard from Dallas and he's still in for Saturday. signfishin

Kokaholic
04-15-2015, 09:24 PM
Im in like a fat kid on a twinkie. tooexcited

SuperD
04-15-2015, 09:49 PM
Dan, since the dates were picked 5 weeks ago, it seems like a commitment issue and not a planning issue?

gonefishing
04-15-2015, 10:15 PM
yep, I am going unless she blows (The wind) and I have a new rider for the day.