PDA

View Full Version : Placing orders?

SuperD
11-29-2014, 07:37 PM
Anyone started placing orders for materials to keep them occupied for the Winter? I placed my first order today and started playing with some stuff I recently picked up at SW.

DLM
12-01-2014, 10:32 AM
I started picking up some hooks and took delivery on a new line I want to try this year but have not started doing anything yet. The line is Yo-Zuri Hybrid in 8#. I have never used it but it is pretty highly recommended by some folks I talked with.

SuperD
12-01-2014, 10:51 AM
Seems like there is always something new to try. I picked up some new blades and some soft plastics that were advertised as "New". And of course, I also ordered a slug of hooks so I could start tying leaders.

SuperD
12-08-2014, 10:10 AM
Here's my first creation for next season.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e204/dave_rce1/popsicle1_zpsc9ab9abb.jpg

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e204/dave_rce1/popsicle_zps4d474e21.jpg

Petty4life
12-10-2014, 09:39 PM
nice job DAVE.

downriggeral
12-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Hi Dave,
How do you find the time to run all of the stuff you make? I find myself "reverting" to the tried and true offerings. I have a boat full of trout tackle and still only run four or five on a given trip. All of that said I think if they are biting they are biting and if not it seems hard to coax them into it?

SuperD
12-13-2014, 07:09 PM
Alan, I guess it is like a Pavlov dog experiment. I've made some lures that ruled the day on the water more than a few times now so I keep doing it expecting the same result. The other part of the making habit is that it is fun and a way to keep my mind occupied on fishing even when I'm not able to get out and go fishing. I've probably got bags of 500 lures that won't see the water. But it was another hobby to make them.

downriggeral
12-14-2014, 02:47 AM
Those are great looking lures. Any chance they have them in orange/black? Oh by the way where did you find them?

We started working on some flies for the winter trout last year and had lots of fun; caught fish too!. I always look at the flash and buck tails when I'm in a tackle shop. Guess we need to give the tube fly thing a whirl too. Making lures is fun, we also do some walleye spinner gear.

SuperD
12-14-2014, 09:58 AM
The plastics are from Strike King - Mr. Crappie Thunder. For trout, I ordered a color called, "pumpkin pie" that looks pretty good with orange and a mix of some other colors. I bought mine on e-bay.

downriggeral
12-14-2014, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the info - Alan

mrmike
01-18-2015, 01:51 PM
I been studying YOU TUBE on fly tying and invested a lot of money on different fly tying material and added this industries into stuff that may work for Kokanee with by the way there isn't any. Were talking about two different species of fsh one feeding on fly's one reaction to movement,color,action,speed etc. I think I 'be come up with some remarkable tube fly's out of fox tail,rabbit hair , I been working on the trailing hook by during that hook into a small something that may help with a reaction. As we know Kokanee like to follow presentation for a period of time before they comment.I tyed up a mysis shrimp / maggot etc.numerous ideas will they work.Unproven of course.I have proven my tubes Magic Mike have out fished ever hoochie out there that bold talk for a retired fat guy.

Physion
01-24-2015, 12:45 PM
I just ordered some components from LurePartsOnline. I ordered them on Jan. 19 and received them on Jan. 22. Great service and an accurate order. Now I just need some time to put an idea together and hope for the best in the spring trials!

Physion