PDA

View Full Version : Marine radio

clawman
09-15-2014, 12:08 PM
Is it reasonable to expect an AM FM radio in a boat to work the same as a the radio in my truck? I am referring to reception.

SuperD
09-15-2014, 03:26 PM
Yes, if a vehicle can get radio signal in a lake location, the boat should get the same strength signal.

Bduck
09-15-2014, 06:04 PM
Yes the radio in the boat receives the same waves. However with most smaller boats an external antennae is non existent which you need to bring in stronger radio waves.

SuperD
09-15-2014, 06:23 PM
I think I've heard of a splitter that will utilize the VHF antenna for stereo but I've never used one. I put an O'Reilly's, Napa, AutoZone car antenna on mine.

Bduck
09-17-2014, 12:06 PM
I'm not fond of the idea of adding an external radio antennae. Fishing in the mountains doesn't allow for good signals for me. It's just me but I love the sound of quietness, exception of trolling motor, fish jumping & good company to talk to. I don't even listen to my truck radio that much. When I'm in my wife's vehicle, its her rules which I try breaking occasionally.

SuperD
09-17-2014, 02:43 PM
I'm not fond of the idea of adding an external radio antennae. Fishing in the mountains doesn't allow for good signals for me. It's just me but I love the sound of quietness, exception of trolling motor, fish jumping & good company to talk to. I don't even listen to my truck radio that much. When I'm in my wife's vehicle, its her rules which I try breaking occasionally.

That's just because you don't get the Giants games out there Roger. LOL!!!!

Bduck
09-17-2014, 09:29 PM
That's just because you don't get the Giants games out there Roger. LOL!!!!

If I did Dave you would lose faith with the Giants about the 4th inning or until Romo shows up. nananana