PDA

View Full Version : prop line guard

clawman
09-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Thinking of adding a guard on my Yam t9.9 but am reluctant to drill holes in my motor. Have any of you seen a guard that would not require holes? I've seen cavitation plates that to not require holes so think this would be doable.

SuperD
09-05-2014, 02:45 PM
I've never seen anything that works for line. Most off the shelf guards work well for rocks and to some degree, downrigger cable.

Bduck
09-10-2014, 08:39 PM
I've never seen anything that works for line. Most off the shelf guards work well for rocks and to some degree, downrigger cable.

I seem to lose some line and a rig once in a great while. While protecting the prop from rocks, I had a stick to get lodged in between the guard & prop which was instant shutdown. It also plays a part in when a released fish does a suicide run to get chummed out. whistlersmother Ospreys, Eagles, and Gulls make sure of no waste. 101ok101

dragonfly
09-10-2014, 10:14 PM
if you keep your line tight they will protect it but slack or feed your lure in or like bduck says a suicidal fish well they won't stop that, you might do a search on a weed guards they totally enclose the prop and may be more what you are looking for. dfly