PDA

View Full Version : Morning troll at the Hill

Trout Tracker
08-12-2014, 01:57 PM
Two and a half hour early morning troll brought 6 kokes to the net and 2 or 3 missed at the net. Had a few other hits. By catch of one very nice bow and very nice brownie. Pink uv mini squid behind a silver uv dodger was the catching rig. 30-35' down and about 15' behind the ball. Fish all averaged 15-16". All were released back to the lake.

DJ EG
08-13-2014, 01:49 PM
Nice job TT. You seem to catch them where ever you go.
Having given up on the Hill, we went to East Twin on Sunday. We got 3 kokes to net with several drop offs plus four trout. It felt good to get some hits and fish. Now I'm itching to give the Hill a try again.
I fish with my flasher or wobbler about 5 to 7 feet off the ball. I'm wondering if the ball is spooking them this year. I'll try a little farther.

Trout Tracker
08-13-2014, 04:21 PM
Went to Twin on Monday and put 8 or 10 in the net by 9:00 am. Used pink uv mini squids behind uv and pink dodgers. Been running about 20-25' behind the ball. They have been hitting the longer leads for me. Don't be afraid to try longer if theres no hits. And don't forget the shoepeg corn. Good luck. The hill has been very stingy so don't expect much.

captiva
08-25-2014, 10:21 AM
The hill has been very stingy so don't expect much.

I had same experience on the Hill . . . . less action than Twin.