PDA

View Full Version : Cool feet?

SuperD
06-19-2014, 10:07 AM
Is there a floor material that is cool enough to go bare foot in the boat? I've got sissy feet and even the light grey vinyl is too hot for me.

dragonfly
06-19-2014, 11:36 AM
Dave, I went to HD and bought the gray diamond plate pattern I/2'' thick foam snap together squares for the front of my engine compartment where I stand the most. it's easy to clean I just hose it off with my wash down pump at the end of the day. on your open boat you can do the whole floor and on sale it's really inexpensive. dfly

SuperDaveMT
06-19-2014, 12:38 PM
A couple of other options (albiet more expensive than Dragonfly's suggestion) are Styx River Neo Mats and Gator Trax HydroTurf

DLM
06-19-2014, 01:11 PM
Dave, I went to HD and bought the gray diamond plate pattern I/2'' thick foam snap together squares for the front of my engine compartment where I stand the most. it's easy to clean I just hose it off with my wash down pump at the end of the day. on your open boat you can do the whole floor and on sale it's really inexpensive. dfly
Leave room for expansion in the sun, if it is the same stuff I used in my last boat it would really expand when it got warm, but it was great on the feet. Still use the squares around the place for kneel pads, changing oil, etc.

Mharri333
06-19-2014, 01:26 PM
SuperdaveMT, One of those little Gator Trax boats with an outboard jet would be sweet for the rivers...

SuperD
06-19-2014, 02:04 PM
So, gray foam doesn't get hot?

DLM
06-19-2014, 02:37 PM
Mine was black, never went barefoot on it, afraid of wayward hooks

dragonfly
06-19-2014, 03:42 PM
I am like Dave I always have something on. the kids steal it and put it on the aluminum swim deck and they love it, the other alternative was hosing the deck down with the wash down pump to keep it cool. I just have to remember to get it back before I take off. mine isn't confined and all the joints are glued together so it doesn't come apart so I never noticed if it grew. dfly