PDA

View Full Version : fathers day at the berry

mtncat1
06-15-2014, 11:12 PM
well made it back to the berry to go after some kokes today and wow what a day. got to the lake and on the water at about 8am. found 54 degree water and no wind . headed out towards sage hen knoll trolled for about 30 minutes with only one bite and we were thinking about relocating when wham a triple hook up all kokes. then the actions was steady the rest of the day. ended up with about 18 kokes,several bows and and cuts. wind picked up about 1 pm fish fished for another hour and decided to beat it out of there. the hot lure today was an rmt pearlesent uv squid behing a bahama mama dodger. later in the day switched to a uv black haze and did well also. all fish were between 2 to 3 lbs what a great fishery

jekern1015
06-16-2014, 09:57 AM
The sucess you have been having at the Berry has me thinking I should head up there this weekend instead of heading back to the gorge. Love the pics as well.

Bduck
06-16-2014, 10:42 AM
Now you got me thinking of where I should go. What a great catch you have. thumbsup

mtncat1
06-16-2014, 01:01 PM
it seems a little slow at first because the cutthroat bite isn't on yet. but once you get into the kokes it's lights out. strawberry should really have a great year for kokanee. and when every thing else starts going it will be pandemonium. p/s headed to the gorge Wednesday for my first trip of the year yahoo.

berrykoka
06-18-2014, 03:56 PM
Wow! Nicely done! We fished that same day… But you did waaaay better than us! I've never tried fishing near sage hen for kokes, we caught 1 on the soldier creek side, we also caught several cutts and a bow in the main strawberry bay area.

mtncat1
06-19-2014, 12:20 AM
we will have to hit it again after I get back from the gorge, maybe we could hook up together

berrykoka
06-19-2014, 03:58 PM
Right on mtncat1… We're up there every sunday… Unless we go to the gorge that is. Thanks