PDA

View Full Version : My NEW jigging rig

SeaDog
04-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Hi,

Well I finally put together my New Kokanee Jigging rig.

Got the 4"6" Bass Pro Micro-Lite graphite spinning rod I wanted (friend got one last year and let me try it ..... Love it - Love it - LOVE IT !!!!)
Got it on sale from Bass Pro $39.97 + shipping (SKU# 1645708) + (other size rods available - same series)
Limber with super sensitive tip and has backbone where you need it.
Will handle 1/64 to 1/8 oz. jig.
I'll be using 6.g Kodiak perpetual motion jigs and the new glow jigs I got over seas.
Matching the rod up with Teardrop inline ice fishing reel from 13 Fishing with 6:1 retrive.... loaded with 6# test Nanofil from Berkley.
I can also switch out to my ultralight spinning reel if I want for stream trout.

Woo-Hoo ..... I'm so ready to try it out .. !

SeaDog

SilverBullets
04-12-2014, 07:20 PM
Sounds like a great set up SD. Do those perpetual motion jigs come in 1/2 and 3/4 ounce by any chance?

10weight
05-18-2014, 05:54 PM
A 1/64 jig? are you using ultra light equipment? I have some Sierras that are 1/32 and 4lb test line and they almost float! How are you fishing them? Not deep i'll assume.

SeaDog
05-21-2014, 09:02 PM
Hi 10weight
My new rig is Micro-Lite !
I use a west coast rig for night jigging.... 1/8 (6g) hali (glow type) jig for the weight with a 2-3 inch 10 lb. test floro dropper with #8-#10 or #12 red gamakatsu red octopus hook snelled on... and all tied on to my 6 lb. test Nanofil line (Stuff is amazing and worth the price).
If the Kokes are being finicky I'll tie on a white glow in the dark football ice jig and bait hooks or jig with maggots and shoepeg corn.
This system has worked well for me most of the time.
But if the Kokes are having a case of lockjaw for the night .... Then your SOL no matter what you try or do ..!
SeaDog