PDA

View Full Version : When it comes to blades I tend to prefer METAL finish.

KokeRook
03-30-2014, 02:00 PM
Maybe it comes from my background in Salmon and Steelhead river fishing. One of my favorite ways to chase them is Casting METAL!
Like many here, I prefer to create my own lures, Especially Spinners.

As you guys know, Genuine Silver and Gold reflect 90% of the ambient light, while Nickel gives off MUCH less.

I have been on the search for a good source of small Silver and Gold plated blades. I found it, and they are in route as I type this.

I first checked all the sponsors of this site and other kokanee tackle suppliers with no luck. I even checked many of the lure part houses, but did not find what I wanted.

I will not post the name of the company were I found them, as I seem to recall seeing something about a KFF policy against posting links or companies not associated with the forum. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
If you want to know the company where I found them, shoot me a private message and I will let you know that way (If that is ok with KFF?) . Many may already know the manufacturer.

Below is a picture of the blades I am speaking of. The photo gives great perspective of size and a pretty good look at the finish.

Just wanted to pass along another source to find some of the "tackle crafting" products you want.

You can also see a photo of how these look rigged, on page 56 of the new (April) edition of Salmon Trout Steelheader magazine. Bill Herzog wrote a very good article on how he fishes Lake Chelan in WA....(This lake is already putting out some 20"+ Kokes)

mrmike
03-31-2014, 03:29 AM
I have personnel have had great success with the Indiana diamond in number 2&3 in varies colors, but there are numerous times blades won't work hope you have some other stuff in your arsenal.Just about everything I put together are wedding rings.

SuperD
03-31-2014, 09:28 AM
KokeRook, 2 things:

1) Names are okay, links are not.
2) There is absolutely no way in hell that I'm giving you a private massage.

KokeRook
03-31-2014, 04:31 PM
KokeRook, 2 things:

laugh hyst That will teach me to not "carefully" read the suggested spelling correction before I select it.

I fixed my "typo" in the original. t4luil

Thanks for the clarification on the posting rules. The company that these blades can be found at is Pen-Tac.

Mr. Mike...I have been building a wide variety of lures.
Many have smile blades...many have blades (color and metal)....some have None.

The Gold and Silver finish was an area in my arsenal that was missing....until now thumbsup

Thanks, as always, for help gentlemen, Really appreciated.

Tight lines

kok-head
04-04-2014, 08:08 PM
KokeRook, 2 things:

thats too bad, he not your type or what SuperD? laugh hyst

kok-head
04-04-2014, 08:25 PM
thanks for sharing, lots of great sites on the web to buy lure building supplies, jann's netcraft has quite the selection to check out if you haven't already, great customer service

Herzog definitely knows his stuff, i've caught some nice steelies because of his articles, i imagine he is as successful at kokanee fishing as he is with any other trout or salmon species