PDA

View Full Version : Ct. new regs to come

Trout Tracker
03-29-2014, 07:27 PM
There are some changes coming later in the year. We will be able to troll 3 rods per angler when the regs change. Also the kokanee limit is dropping to 5 fish from 8 previously. http://www.ct.gov/deep/lib/deep/fishing/anglers_guide/anguide.pdf

DJ EG
04-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the update
Not sure I can handle 3 rods
As for the limit, I haven't hit 5 yet on an outing, but good to know.
Last year was a strange one at West Hill.
We were doing good late april to early June catching several on every outing. After all the rain in June we nearly got shut out the rest of the year.

SuperD
04-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Three rods will really make for some sticky situations on the boat when friends are invited. LOL!

Trout Tracker
04-02-2014, 10:17 PM
The original proposal was asking for 4 rods per angler.

dragonfly
04-02-2014, 11:16 PM
when I was in Hawaii they didn't have a pole limit, there reasoning was you can only reel 1 pole at a time but they all had to be in reasonable proximity to the fisherman. dfly

10weight
05-17-2014, 10:20 PM
i just hit East Twin last Thursday trolling a red wooly bugger on some fast sinking wet line from a kayak. Killed the trout with it but only have 1 Kokanee strike, and all that did (besides making me a fan for life) was reveal the deficiencies of my reel. I picked red because I thought the Kokes would go for it and never seriously thought the trout would make my whole day. I marked a number of pods, but I think I might need to troll faster next time. Also need to try West Hill. I'm now on the lookout for some chartruse woolies too. :-)

Trout Tracker
05-18-2014, 12:40 PM
Black might work also.