PDA

View Full Version : new boat

snakeriverfisher
03-10-2014, 01:19 AM
I'm looking into getting a new boat, I want to be able to troll and also fish off the bow for warm water fish , it must be deep enough to fish at buoy 10 and else where in the Columbia. It needs to have a tall transom and splash well, I would like it to be aluminum but I'm open to glass, I would prefer a live well I guess that is about it.I have looked at the Starweld 2000 pro. what do you all think

Thanks

sawtooth
03-10-2014, 01:58 AM
One thing to consider when buying a boat is what kind of fishing you will be doing the most. If you are primarily a bass man, then having a big deck up front is nice. But if you are mainly going to use the boat for trolling or sitting on an anchor in the Columbia, then I would get a boat with a helm forward design to get the most room in the back of the boat. When I first bought my Crestliner fish and ski, I was trying to get a boat that would do all things for all people. In reality, the boat is used about three times a year for warm water fishing and/or pulling the kids on a wakeboard, and maybe 20-30 days a year trolling for kokes and their bigger brothers in the salt. That big front deck is now used for storage on most trips and wet storage at that if it is raining or windy. I would much rather have the extra foot or two in the back of the boat and have to deal with the smaller platform up front when I take the kids bass and crappie fishing. My buddy has a 19 foot North River that has the window closer to the bow and for trolling and sitting on anchor that extra room in the back is great.

Mharri333
03-10-2014, 08:39 PM
I recently posted the same type of question. Search "which boat would you buy". I think we had a pretty thorough discussion about boats for this area. We touched on several aspects that might steer you in a good direction. There is no such thing as the perfect boat. You just have to figure out which compromises hurt the least. Let us know what you find.

Mh

snakeriverfisher
03-11-2014, 11:42 AM
Yes I read that after I posted. I didn't do a very good job researching prior to putting my post in the wrong place.I also noticed a post on starwelds afterwards also, if I had read those first I wouldn't have written anything. Although the boat I want is a little different than what you got.I think I'm gonna get that starweld 2000 pro, now I need 33000 people to lend me a dollar.

Thanks

SuperD
03-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Take a look at Kingfisher boats as well.

snakeriverfisher
03-11-2014, 07:35 PM
yep looked at the kingfishers,nice boats but just a bit more than I want to pay, If I win the lotto then maybe

downriggeral
03-14-2014, 02:37 PM
I know Kingfisher makes a combo boat that is quite costly. You could also equip a Kingfisher with live well, front pedestal seat and Minkota for less money than the specialty one. Also take a look at the River Hawk. Both lines are sold by Elephant Boys in Spokane at a good price. I personally like Evinrude E-Tec power but that's another discussion. Alan

snakeriverfisher
03-14-2014, 04:31 PM
Also take a look at the River Hawk. Both lines are sold by Elephant Boys in Spokane at a good price. Alan

ok I'll give them a call

Thanks