PDA

View Full Version : Add on Power Tilt and Trim

Kokapaw
02-22-2014, 05:47 PM
I'am looking to buy a unit by T-H Marine, CMC PT-35. I have a bad back and getting old ,They run about $600.00 with tax ect.
Have any of you had or been exposed to these and can offer any words of wisdom? I intend to install it on my 13' SmokerCraft Alaskin
with merc 9.9 4stk. I am more intrested in the power tilt, than any thoughts of trimming, from what I've been reading the 5.5 inches
of set back wont hurt me any. Any help in saving me from waisting money would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks FC

dragonfly
02-22-2014, 09:20 PM
I have a panther but it sticks out further than the one you are looking at. it looks like a well made unit . boat owners world has them for 499.00 and they have the manual and catalog there also http://www.boatownersworld.com/CMC/pt-35.htm

Kokapaw
02-22-2014, 10:31 PM
Thank you for responding do you think the Panther might be the better product? I just want to get it correct first try.
Hate buying through catalogs if I haven't seen and touched something for my self.But this is the best price I have seen yet.

dragonfly
02-22-2014, 10:56 PM
I like the one you have chosen, looking at the breakdown it looks well made and I like the way it fits tight to the boat so it shouldn't put a lot of extra stress on the transom as long as you can run it straight down in transport other wise you would need a transom saver because that is a lot of weight with both motors back there. if I had seen that when I had my 16' lodge I might not of sold it. the panthers are not as compact. and most new motors are coming with power tilt any more. dfly

Kokapaw
02-22-2014, 11:23 PM
Makes sence to me and thank you again dragonfly, I am going to place my order in the morning and just go for it.
FC