PDA

View Full Version : Pickup Canopy Preference

DLM
02-06-2014, 10:09 AM
What's your preference on pickup canopies and why? I am looking for something just a little over cab high to go on a 6.5ft bed Ford. I have it down to a couple brands but am not committed to either. Any input would be appreciated.

SilverBullets
02-06-2014, 10:18 PM
I've got the SnugTop SuperSport and have no regrets. The fold down slider window up front is nice... great for keeping the windows between the truck and canopy clean.

Ridgeratt
02-06-2014, 11:04 PM
Just got a picked up a 2013 F150 Supercrew and the Leer XR100 should be here in 2 weeks. Factory matched has a hinged front window to keep the windows clean. Also had the inside carpet lined to keep the sweating down and had Thule rails mounted factory to keep the warrenty.
Buddy has had Leer for many years and they are great lids for the mony!! Thats what sold me in seeing the durablity of them.

dragonfly
02-06-2014, 11:04 PM
our company has all snug tops and are very durable just make sure you get the 2 lever lock latches the ones with one in the middle is more convenient but a lot easer to break into you just pry up in the middle and pull the pins out of the sides the 2 lever aren't theft proof but more a pain because you have to do both sides to get in. dfly

fishslayer13
02-11-2014, 09:31 AM
I bought an A R E fiberglass top for my truck and love it. I looked at leer but were 1200 more than the A R E.