PDA

View Full Version : new 24 volt project for dragonfly

dragonfly
01-29-2014, 07:13 PM
I have a minn kota and it's a 24v. I already have a 24v 5amp charger I use on the big trucks to keep them up and got to thinking about why not use my boats main eng to charge those batts when it's running and crusing around. so I researched if it would cause any ill effects with my 12v electronics and called KEM equip here in Tualatin where they build complete eng packages for boat builders. they also said it would be fine as long as the 24v pos doesn't come in contact with the 12v pos. side. so now I will be designing the alt. bracket after I finish converting the 24v alt. into a self exciting one. it should fit where the ps pump would go on a chevy 350 any how I will let you know how it progresses as I get more into it. dfly

dragonfly
02-06-2014, 10:49 PM
well as I was talking with one of my electrical reps and talking over what I was doing he suggested I check out these guys http://www.yandina.com/troll24data.htm its a 12 TO 24 VOLT BATTERY CHARGER/COMBINER that can be used with any 12v charging system. which will work because I already have 3 batts 1 start and 2 house. if this thing works it will keep my batts charged with my trolling motor and main when coming in so I won't have to add more batts. dfly