PDA

View Full Version : Ice fishing

platypus
11-11-2013, 08:05 PM
--What are you using for Ice fishing.
--A popular rig here is a casting spoon blade with short leader to a grub rather than jig or spoon with hook attached.

SuperDaveMT
11-18-2013, 01:59 PM
We use the same sort of rig here - a fairly small spoon with the hook removed and then suspend a jig or glow hook 6 - 18 inches below that and bait with corn or maggots. It can be jigged or dead sticked.

Someone told be about a fisherman using an attractor rig through the ice last year and doing very well. It sounded like a spreader rig with some blades or small flashers attached and hooked to a small motor that caused the rig to rotate - kind of trolling in place. The fisherman jigged near this attractor rig and did very well. I guess it is supposed to simulate a school of feeding kokes. I haven't found anything like that on line or in any catalog. Anyone familiar with this kind of rig?

I may try to make one out of an umbrella rig and some blades or small flashers. Any ideas for a motor to rotate the rig?

platypus
11-18-2013, 02:49 PM
-interesting idea using an umbrella type rig.
-I was thinking of using the UV mylar trolling rig as a jig set up.
-often kokanee fishers here set up fairly close together creating their own school so an individual rig may have similar effect.

-just getting ice on here so haven't tried these yet but always looking for next new rage.