PDA

View Full Version : What a Fisherman!

rgarbar
10-24-2013, 05:39 PM
This is truly an incredible video. Hard to believe this Osprey got 5-6 fish at a time and then got a flounder under 3 feet of water and made off with what looks to be a 5+ lbs. steelhead.

Have you ever seen a bird shake water off like a dog does?!!!

Wouldn't want to get in its way when its eyes are locked onto you and his talons in the "load" position! Its talons are amazing!

There are 3 sequences in this one video:
1st sequence - catches half a dozen fish in one strike.
2nd sequence - plunges talons into deep water to grab the prey.
3rd sequence - captures a big old fish that looks as if it weighs more than he does!
This is incredible to watch!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/nA3LtXnNIto?feature=player_embedded

Bduck
10-24-2013, 10:59 PM
Ospreys are abundant here along with the bald eagle. Been out fished before watching an Osprey dive 20' in front of my boat. Eagles tend to put on a show of their own when 3 or 4 of them scrap over food.101ok101

bob r
10-25-2013, 09:52 AM
I was fishing with Melanie at Summit Lake a couple of months ago, had a nice fish on about 20 yards behind boat (prob. a koke), a large osprey plunged in, before I knew it my fish was going for a ride. My concern was hooking this beautiful bird,about 40 ft. up pulled back hard and hook came loose, bird took fish. Another lake we fish has a def. war going on between osprey and bald eagles, one will jump the other after fish is caught, eagles harass osprey hoping to get fish they drop, ospreys just try to harass eagles, don't go after fish dropped by eagles much (prob. too good fisherfolk to bother with dropped fish), just to harass eagles.We watched an osprey drop one last year, within an hour we caught that fish, freshly bleeding. We are going to Big Lake near Bellingham this summer, met some great folks at the barter faire in Tonasket last week who have a pair that feed right off their dock, hoping for some great fish snatching shots.I would have liked to got shots of my fish going for a ride, maybe a go-pro on a pole off the back soon (or maybe the front, we'll see).Bob R

rainORsnow1
10-25-2013, 01:17 PM
Yup. Had em steel my fish right off my line.
I looked like a crazy man waving my fist and yelling into the air

Bduck
10-26-2013, 10:30 AM
It makes you wonder how many lures are around their nesting area. They are a thing of beauti to watch.