PDA

View Full Version : August 16, 2013 Nantahala Salmon

1bigfish
08-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Nice buck and hen.

Dr. Oc
08-28-2013, 09:56 PM
Congrats Fred, Glad to see someone up there is still catching a few. How deep are you finding them now and out of curiosity, what time of day? I know you caught 1 or 2 around noon when I was up there and I don't think I've ever had the chance to fish for them after 10 AM or so. Did the lake ever get a hard thermocline this summer? Have a safe Labor Day.

1bigfish
08-29-2013, 01:04 PM
Dr.Oc,

Around 50 feet but still no thermocline. Lots of daphnia on the lines. It was a morning trip caught them around 8-9:00. I go be the solunar forecaster if possible. If it tells me noon, I fish. My mother in law caught a 5 pound 12 ounce trout last labor day weekend on a flatline. 20g, dual depth Tasmanian Devil Lure, Bronze four X. I am a the southeast distributor for Tasmanian Devil Lures & Blade Runner Spoons which are identical to the old Suttons Spoons. Bryant Tackle has my spoons but no Tassys yet. The boys at Fontana tearing up the trout on both this summer. Fontana Marina is about to place an order. The day you saw me in the cove, I was after trout & walleye but caught the Kokanee on the Tassy lures. 13.5g Predator. The trout bite should be turning on and the salmon should be starting to stage.